Audi Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, my 91 90 Quattro, has been running great. On my way home today I stopped at a store all was well. Came out of the store and started my car and the fun began.

The Battery light, Brake Light, Parking brake light, and abs light are now staying on.

Brakes are working fine, seems to be running OK. The voltage guage is staying steady at about 12 volts. I think it would stay at about 14 before. Temp gauge is right where it should. Oil pressure gauge is reading normal.

The alternator is less than a year old. Made sure no belts are broken. Any idea on where to start trouble shooting this? Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Could have had a voltage surge thru the ECU. Try disconnecting the battery for about a half hour to an hour. This enables the memory lock on the ECU. Then re-connect the battery. This will reset the ECU to factory specs. wait 5-10 mins to allow full reset of the ECU then fire it up and see what happens. Good luck and post back to me. Cheers!

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply! I disconnected the battery and let it sit from Friday night till Sunday evening and then reconnected it. Let it sit and no change in system.

I double checked the belts and noticed that the Alternator belt was already tightened to the tensioner limits. So I figured it wouldn't hurt to go ahead and replace the belt. Does anyone know what size wrench fits the bolt that looks like a gear? Anyway, replaced the belt and the problem has cleared. The belts were a little noisy when I picked up the car last month and nothing sounded any different. But when I replaced the belt it is much quieter. So, I'm guessing the belt was slipping.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
2 Posts
can any one help me i have a audi a4 convertible and the glove box .i got it opened but can not find the 6 screws that hold it in can anyone help .so i can change the lock thanks for any help james

1 - 5 of 5 Posts