Audi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in a bind right now so i figured i would ask here.:confused: I have a 86 5000CS quattro turbo that has seen better days. the prior owners had big electrical problems so just passed it off to me. to find out that the alternator was running at 18vdc at all times smoke checking all eletrical systems (especially the three batts that they went through).:eek: well needless to say that it is too expensive for me cause the wires are fried as is everything else. (the alt is good):). no one is wanting this machine. i tried ebay, newspaper, and a euro salvage. no joy.:mad: does anyone have any ideas on how i can get something for this. i am close to taking this to the metal salvage yard and getting the $50 that it is worth in metal. thank you for reading this.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I suggest you sell it privately as a parts or restoration car, especially if it's clean, the body hasn't been in an accident and if it is free from oil leaks. You have a beautiful comfort and performance vehicle with a unique and rare galvanized and zinc dipped body, and with many expensive parts and it would be a shame to turn it into junk metal.

If you repair your alternator/ charging/ damaged wires, etc system you might get lucky and discover your expensive electronics have survived. Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts