Audi Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it normal for my car(2003 audi a6 2.4) to "think" when i press the accelerator? i mean, lets say i step on it, the car will do a sound like its accelerating but it doesnt then like 1 second after it does...is this normal

·
Registered
470 Posts
Sounds pretty normal for an auto. If you put your foot to the floor it shud 'kick down' a gear or two for better acceleration. Does it do that?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no no, let me explain myself again sorry, if im waiting for a green light and the car is stopped of course, lets say im in a rush and i put my foot down, the car will do a "roaring" sound like its accelerating but it doesnt, like 1 second after it shoots at high speed(which i like)

·
Registered
470 Posts
Oh got ya, that doesnt sound right it, could be a small problem with the gearbox or the ecu. Might be worth getting a mechanic to come out with you and check it out.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ill tell the audi dealership right now, thanks
so the normal thing should be that as soon as i put my foot down to the very bottom the car should accelerate without doing what its doing?
whats an ECU?

·
Registered
470 Posts
Yea the car should start moving forward as soon as you take your foot off the brake. Then when you put your foot down it should go straight away no matter how far you put it down.

The ecu is the computer which controls everything. It could be something to do with that. Infomation not getting through quick enough or something. Good luck!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sigh, so if i take the car to the audi dealership i just tell them to update the ECU? and check the gearbox?
when i take the foot of the brake it starts to move, but when i try to accelerate at a fast rate, it doesnt wanna go

·
Registered
470 Posts
Might be worth asking if you can take one of the technicians out and show him. They should be able to tell you what the problem is.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well, i live in central america, and the mechanics of the audi here are a bit "Stupid", but ill take it on thhursday and post here what they told me

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
sounds kind of right to me to be honest... the a6 is heavy and its an automatic, there should be a slight delay to the wheel especially if its awd... the car wasnt made to be floored do u have tiptronics?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yes i do have it, i thought this car was RWD but oh well, i know its heavy and everything, but if the car is heavy and i press on the accelerator the car should move anyway. I have a Volvo 940 right now also which weights 4150 LBS, and if i put my foot down it goes...I still think this is weird

Also im going on thursday and i will tell them that and also i need to get my ECU updated

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
how do you drive your tiptronics? does this happen when you dont use your tiptronics still?

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
try using the tiptronics and push it up to the + and floor it

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
Has the automatic gearbox oil ever been changed?as i had a automatic bmw before that had a similar problem and it turned out to be the fluid in the box was burnt so didnt give me instant acceleration.(A bit like the clutch slipping)
It was meant to be life long oil in the box but it had lost its viscosity-dont know if this is the same for Audi boxes.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts