Audi Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, this is my first post and unhappily cause my wifes car has broken down

It is a 1990 Audi 90 2.3E with a 5 cyl petrol engine. It wont start, previously intermittent,
now at all. It is hard to find a mechanic that knows the car. I phoned a large parts supplier and it seems that the common failure is the "fuel distibution head" which
is the casting from where the braided fuel hoses go to the individual injectors.
There is good spark, but only a low pressure dribble of fuel if i crack one of the injector lines...has anyone experienced this.....even better can they tell me how to ascertain
if it is the 'fuel dist head' as it is expensive and non-returnable...i can hear the fuel pump itself in the tank. regards tony

·
Registered
74 Posts
have you checked the fuel filter? -it may be blocked giving a drop in fuel pressure
a lot cheaper than a fuel dist head

the system pressure should be somwhere between 4.5to 5.2 bar

if your model has a fuel accumalator (this maintains pressure to aid starting) could be faulty

the system also has cold start valve and warm up regulators and auxilliary air devices that work similar to a choke on a carbed engine -- but as you are suffering fuel pressure probs doubt if its one these thats faulty

also just one last thought the metering head has a pressure relief valve on the side could be this sticking or faulty in some way

1 - 2 of 2 Posts