Audi Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning,
Recently My '96 A6 wagon will not produce any cabin heat. The blower works fine as well as the vent selector. I've checked the fuses and the coolant level, which were fine. Any suggestions as to what might be causing this? Thermostat? It's cold here in Maine so any input would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just spent 2 hours pulling out the wiper motor and armature to get to the temp control flap motor. I removed the motor and flipped the arrmature over to heat. Now I at least have heat,I'll deal with waht I hope is a siezed up moter next. Thanks for your reply

·
Registered
4 Posts
thermostat and bleeding air

I had the same problem. I changed thermostat and made engine hot. but still the hot air was not coming inside. I suppose there were air in the coolant circuit. after several trials to remove air I finally got also heater working. Changing thermostat is not very easy, while engine timing belt is in front of the thermostat.

Good Morning,
Recently My '96 A6 wagon will not produce any cabin heat. The blower works fine as well as the vent selector. I've checked the fuses and the coolant level, which were fine. Any suggestions as to what might be causing this? Thermostat? It's cold here in Maine so any input would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Bleeding Cooling System

I had the same problem. I changed thermostat and made engine hot. but still the hot air was not coming inside. I suppose there were air in the coolant circuit. after several trials to remove air I finally got also heater working. Changing thermostat is not very easy, while engine timing belt is in front of the thermostat.
How were you able to remove the air?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Lisaroy1,
Thank you, I did replace the heater core, thermostat, and coolant last week. It's still not giving me heat. It did before. I'd appreciate any suggestions. I figure it has air in the line or in my reassembly I missed something. Tim

1 - 9 of 9 Posts