Audi Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

We own a classic 1986 Audi 5000CS with under actual 54,000 miles and we are looking to sell it; asking $3,800 based on the beautiful condition, low mileage and especially all the recent updates we have made to this car Contact me through this site or at [email protected] Thanks for your interest!

My wife was given her Mother's 1986 Audi 5000CS a little more than 3 year's ago. It had under 48,000 miles on it when we received it and it now has a little under 54,000 miles. My in-laws took very good care of the car and used it sparingly over the years in the Wisconsin winter. Still, after 16 years, when we received the car it needed some age related replacements. We have made virtually all of them, except for the muifflers which are rusting out and will need replacement in the not too distant future.

I thought it made sense to shop the car on a forum like this one where a car of this quality would best be appreciated. While we will sell to anyone if the price is right, I personally would like to see this Audi go to someone who will appreciate the care it has received and the condition in which it remains (outside and inside) after nearly 20 years.

We are selling because we have finally ordered a new car (after 10 years!) and want to keep a beater (our old van for pulling my fishing boat, etc.) and the new car only.

[B<span style='color:red'>]If you are interested at all, please contact me.
[/B] I would be glad to send much more information including lots of pictures and arrange for an in person visit and test ride if you can get here (Madison, WI).

Thanks to all for your time and interest.

The Details:

AUDI: COMMEMORATIVE DESIGN 5000 CS -- Four Door Sedan

Specifics
1986 Audi 5000CS 54K Miles – One Family Ownership

<span style='color:green'>Miles: 53,432 Actual Miles
Doors: 4 Door Sedan

Transmission: Automatic Interior: Beige Alcantara & Leather

Warranty: No Year: 1986
VIN Number:WAUFB0444GN087736

Title: Clear Exterior: Calahari Beige Clear coat javascript:emoticon(':00000732:')
smilieMetallic

Condition Used Inspection: -

Options
Unique Alcantara & Leather Upholstery Front Sport Seats
Power Sunroof (Tilt and Slide) Expandable Ski/Storage Sack
Cassette Radio, Electronically Tuned 10 – Speaker HI-FI Sound System
Plush Embroidered Carpet Mats Leather Wrapped Sport Steering Wheel
Full-Width Rear Reflective Light Panel Metallic Exterior Paint
Spoke-Type 6JX14 Alloy Wheels

Vehicle Description
Available for purchase is a gorgeous, pampered 1986 Commemorative Design Audi 5000 CS with nearly 54,000 actual miles.

HIGHLIGHTS:

• See the attached pictures; they don’t lie about the nearly mint condition of this car; I’ve included two jpeg’s showing the original dealer window sticker from the car

• The exterior body condition is EVERY BIT as good as the pictures suggest; the family took care to rarely use this vehicle during the Wisconsin winter

• Standard Equipment on this model includes:
o 2.22 liter fuel injected engine; 5-cyl. w/electronic valve lifters; front wheel drive; power rack and pinion steering; 4-wheel disc brakes; halogen headlamps; integrated body-color bumper apron w/protective wide body side moldings; all-around energy-absorbing body safety zones; 4 open head restraints; child-safety rear door locks; electronic climate control system; power windows with rear lockout; power central locking incl. trunk; dual power mirrors w/defog; cruise control with resume; power antenna; tinted glass; banded windshield; rear window defogger

The following work has been performed on our Audi since it reached about 47K miles:
• Regular oil, filter and lube jobs
• a/c system tested and unit recharged with Freon
• Valve cover gasket replaced
• Engine washed and degreased
• Leaking heater core replaced
• Cooling system serviced with conditioner and new antifreeze
• Heater control valve replaced
• Belts (including the timing belt) and hoses replaced
• Both outer cv boots replaced
• Water pump replaced with remanufactured unit
• Full tune-up and associated parts (plugs, rotor, distributor cap, spark plug wires, fuel filter, outer cv boot, injector seals kit, fuel filter, fuel injector
• Axle boot replaced
• Wiper blades replaced
• Vac hose replaced
• New Interstate Battery installed
Copy of service report for all of the above can be provided

Additionally:
• Replacement Tires are in good shape with less than 10K miles on them

Known Flaws – minor but notable
• The ceiling upholstery has begun to sag in the backseat and minor wear is visible on the edge of the driver’s front leather seat.
• Cruise Control doesn’t seem to work.
• Radio speaker will cut out on occasion over bumpy rides but comes back; apparently a bad connection but has been so minor we haven’t pursued a fix.
• Brake warning light sometimes comes on when car is started, but goes out in seconds. Fluid level is not low. Rarely occurs when car is used daily; most often associated with a week or more of sitting idle.

Known Flaw – needing more prompt attention
• Mufflers are reported by our service center to be rusting out; we could arrange for replacement if we received full vehicle payment in advance including the cost of the muffler replacement; otherwise sold as is.

While this car is nearly 20 years old, the service record and accompanying pictures attest to the care given to this vehicle and the resulting great condition. A commemorative design Audi 5000CS in this condition and with such low mileage is a rare find.

Very sincerely,

BirkieBoy
</span></span>[attachmentid=772] :00000732: :00000732:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts