Audi Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok well i am a complete newbie when it comes to Audi's my only car i've owned is a 97 Toyota Corolla Seca (hatchback)...

So i am in the market for a new (used) car, and i am possibly considering an Audi A4

my requirements are:
  • medium sized car
  • decent boot space (i love my subwoofer haha)
  • reasonable rear seat room (i dislike how squashy my corolla is in the back seat)
  • reasonable preformance stock
  • strong motor (so i can supercharge it with a custom kit built my mate who builds superchargers (Raptor Superchargers)
  • able to get down to low 14s 1/4 mile at least...
  • manual is much prefered...
Ok i think the A4 may be able to meet these needs... main thing i want to ask is the strength of the motors?

I am looking at around a 98 or so model i think...

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
lets see, im guessing u want the V6 2.8 but there isnt any performance mods out there and that engine cant really handle boost but since u are goin custom supercharging it seems to be alrite, but u are goin to have to streghten the internals

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually i was considering maybe either the 1.8L Turbo (so wouldn't need to supercharge it as its already turbo'd), hows the strength on them? how much boost do they run stock? how much can the motor handle on stock internals?

The other motors in the cars at a suitable price range were:
2.4L V6 (B5 Quattro)
2.6L V6
1.8L I4 NA (is it the same internals etc as the turbo?)

Which of those would be strong enough? anything else i should know about these?

Most of the models i've been looking at are around 96-98, with around 100-130,000ks for around AU$15000-$20000

1 - 3 of 3 Posts