Audi Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, i just got a sweet white 2003 A4. When i turn the car on it displays "Service!" on the screen in the dash for a couple seconds, then goes away. is this just like a system check thing or does it need to be serviced?

Also, it only came with one standard key. does anyone know how much it would cost to get a remote control key?

Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
77 Posts
Sounds like you need a service I'm afraid!
New remotes are expensive from the dealer.
Though you can get them off ebay, but make sure you buy the right ones! look inside the back for a code number and make sure you get the same one
I'm surprised you only got one key on a car that new. have you asked the last owner if he has another?
Did you get a plastic tag with it?That has the code the dealer needs to replace a lost one.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks. Its getting serviced as we speak. and its getting done all for free. :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
You must get round to telling us where this garage is that does free servicing. I just bought my first A4 today in fact! Also a 2003 quattro. It's aTDI. In met grey, looks pretty cool!

Gonna be taking it on a 35 mile A road trip tomorrow, give it a proper test!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i just took it to an audi dealer and to my surprise it was still under warranty, and i guess audi does free service for their recommended service checks. And i'll be giving mine a 1000 mile road test tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
or you can reset the service light yourself...

Step 1: Turn off engine
Step 2: Turn on ignition while holding button with the wrench
"SERVICE!" will pop up on the display
Step 3: Press the button that clears out the trip counter and the display should be cleared.

Simple as that!

RicKT

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
true, i read about that. but this way i actually get a free service. maybe next time when the service isn't covered :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts