Audi Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the boards and I have a quick question. I am trying to put in some clear corners but don't don't knwo exactly how to remove the headlamp. I can find the two screws on the top just fine, it's the other ones I can't.

I have a 98 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
hm... 1998 ... your headlights should be in 2 peices, the corners are held on with a number of, metal clips, pop them out and you shouldnt need to remove the headlights at all... and.. dont put clear bulbs in... put amber ones so you dont get a ticket

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the tips. Should I just use a screwdriver to pry/pop them out? I can't seem to reach around the inside and get a hold of anything to push it out.

·
Registered
68 Posts
if you dont want to bust your fingers take out the headlamps, yous will see two top bolts. If you are like me there is an easier way. Remove the plastic air hose connecting the grill to the air box(its on top) then you will see a pin on the corner that you can push outward. It snaps in. Push it outward and under where it was originally locked, push down on the clip and push the lights out. I can look for pics. Hope this helped

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the tips. Got the clear corners in. I'll keep this as a reference for when I order my projectors.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just a heads up: Besides the two top torque screws, the headlamps are held in by a third torque screw located toward the outer lamp edges (below the corner lamp just inside the bumper.) You can see it if you have a flashlight. If your careful you can pull the lamp out enough (once you loosen the top two screws) to sneak in a torque driver. Once you loosen this screw...The lamps will slide out towards the outside of the car as the lower inside of the lamps near the radiator are held in place with a round pin attached to the lamp. Its not extremely difficult...but if you drop a screw, you will need to remove the lower splash pan to find it...
Hope this helps... :57:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here's a not so great pic of it before and after. (left before, right after) I'll get better pics up after I get it back from the body shop. There was a small sent on the rear passenger door I just had to get fixed.

To date I've added the clear corners, rear euro altezza lights, chromed up the lower and upper grill and threw on some 18x8 in HP EVP rims with 40 series tires. Nice and clean.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts