Audi Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Been looking ofr a UK only forum to no avail so thought I'd introduce myself to the rest of the world instead!

Had my Q7 for 3 weeks, 3k miles already and loving it. Came from a 330Ci Sport and before that a TT Coupe, but I must say I'm very pleased to be back in an Audi after vibrating HK speakers and rattle in the dashboard of the BM from new which were never solved.

3.0 TDi S-Line, Phantom black, tech, vis, load and comms packs, verano leather, privacy glass, lane change and for some reason a tow bar attatchment.

No problems so far apart from a parking light and audible warning that comes on sometimes after releasing the handbrake and driving for a few yards, but found that hooking the left foot under the handbrake actuator (is that what everyone calls it??) and lifting up after releasing the handbrake cures it of coming up with lights and alarms. Also I didn't notice when I picked it up a paint error under the leading edge of the bonnet. It's like the bonnet (hood!) has been taken off an airfix kit and not sanded down, so will get that sorted. The adaptive headlights are brilliant down country lanes, and the whole car is feeling smaller as I get used to it.

I'm in Reading in the UK, and have seen another Black with privacy on the M3 going towards London a couple of times at about 6p.m. and one in Reading on London Road Friday 13th. I waved...the other driver didn't. Probably shock at seeing another one so close rather than the other side of the Armco!

All the best everyone. I'll get some pictures that don't involve my grandad being dwarfed by it taken the day I got it, and after I've managed to clean it with the help of stepladders.

Fleaman (Lee)

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
Welcome to the forum fleaman :)

Sounds a lovely motor(I love black Audis),look foward to seeing the pics. cheers t- sport.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm from the UK too. Have just ordered a Q7 for delivery in March 07. Also went for the S-line as well, i have had several Audi's mostly Allroad's, but needed something bigger!!

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
johnhughes93 said:
I'm from the UK too. Have just ordered a Q7 for delivery in March 07. Also went for the S-line as well, i have had several Audi's mostly Allroad's, but needed something bigger!!
Welcome aboard John bet you cant wait for your Q7 now :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi John

Where are you in Norfolk? Did you order from Robinsons Audi in Norwich. I actually got mine from Robinsons as the only cars my dealer in Reading could get hold of were SE's or without Xenons.

I got mine within two weeks of deciding on the model I wanted as the dealer had ordered it for stock and the spec was what I wanted. Other models in the frame were the RR Sport and the Lexus RX400, but the RR is too common, (especially in Surrey!) and the Lexus only has a 60k warranty on the batteries, and as I do 25k a year couldn't take the chance I'd be out of warranty on the batteries before giving the car back. And it didn't look that nice.

What cars were other forum members looking at before deciding on the Q7.

Just had mine valeted. I'm more in love with it than I was this morning!

Flea

·
Registered
14 Posts
hi there what wheels see my thread had problems getting the 21" i'm in beaconsfield so may see you on that dreaded M4 before too long

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
TimQ7

I've got the standard S-line wheels, 20"

So what is the dealer going to do? Order it with the 20" wheels instead?

Flea

·
Registered
14 Posts
dont know yet fleaman i was the first to order the 21" from the dealer, going there today to sort it out, its a shame because i really liked the 21"

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Let us know how you get on.

Flea

P.S. You'll have to get on the M4 fairly early to catch me on there...about 7a.m.! Still no sign of the 'black with privacy' I've seen a couple of times on the M3. Possibly not as techno savvy as us lot;)

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am sticking with the 21" alloys, they tell me they expect it now to be delivered early to middle November!!!! CANT WAIT!!!!

Full spec
3.0 sline Phantom black privacy, BOSE, Panoramic, Vis pack,Comms pack, Tech pack, keyless go, Verano Leather and 21" ALLOY WHEELS

Just writing it makes me even more desperate!!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
final update. flared wheel arches to cope with the 21" alloys delivery end nov early dec, ahh now i can look forward to it!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nice spec. Pity it's another Black with privacy glass hearse like mine!;)

Are you getting the black headling for the panoramic roof or the beige? I heard there was a delay with the black due to the material but this was 5 weeks ago when I chose mine.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Fleaman,
Sorry i never responded earlier to your message, my fault for not reading all the way down the page. I did order from Robinsons of Norwich, i've had several new cars from them and always found them to be most helpful. Now you've had your Q7 for a while what do you think?, what is the fuel consumption like? My wife is a little concerned about multi storey carparks and kerbing the wheels whats been your experience of driving a large car every day?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi John

No worries, not been on on the forum for a while either. New girlfriend taking up all my time. She hates my Q7 anyway being a bit of an 'earth saver', but when I explain it does 30mpg on a normal trip and about 28 when cruise control is set to 90, it's not so bad compared to her Corsa auto!

The only multi-storey I've had a problem with is the Riverside in Norwich. Most ramps need two attempts and a realignment, but the last one before the exit took a fair bit of nerve and lots of constant beeping from the parking sensors to get around. I won't go back there now which is a problem as I like going bowling! Otherwise it's parking miles away from supermarket entrances to ensure I can get two spaces. I kerbed one wheel coming out of a pub car park and I was gutted. I thought the tyre was higher than the kerb on initial inspection. I'll wait until I've dinged a few more before getting them refurbished.

Otherwise I love it to bits. Had to get something like it before it's taxed off the roads so doubt I'll have another big car. Probably something like a high end A6 or S4 next.

Take care...and just don't let the wife out in it too much!

Flea

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
P.S. Was out in Knightsbridge today and around New Bond Street/Oxford Street yesterday doing the old Xmas shopping. Saw only one Q7 (black again) and about 50 RR Sports. Glad I didn't get one of those now!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I too am a newbie and could not be happier with the Q7. I am happy to to have found this Forum/

1 - 17 of 17 Posts