Audi Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Y'all!

My first post:

I just retrieved my first AUDI, a 1993 100CS Quattro Wagon. I am learning through the school of hard knocks how to service this vehicle.

I need manuals desperately! PLEASE HELP!

Here is the story of how I obtained this car:

I won the car at auction on eBay #4579608841 for $520.00 and traveled to MN, USA to fetch it. The trip was horrible and long at 1500 miles in my old 1989 Chevy truck.

After 4 days, $400.00 in gas, 2 flats, one $86.00 blow out, $99.00 alternator, $45.00 starter, $29.00 drive belt and $89.00 in lighting, safety chains and tie down straps, we are finally home.

I bought this AUDI solely as a foul weather friend, but it has more space inside than my Bronco II, so I would like to use it to haul my radio control airplanes.

My hobbies are fixing up cars, building computers and building and flying radio control airplanes. I have a 2002 VW Jeta TDI with Upsolute reprogrammed ECM. I also have an OBDII SERIAL VAG COM.

I am glad to be a new member and am looking forward to sharing my experiences on this forum with you all.

Regards,
Clearview

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi Y'all!

I first want to thank all zero of you that responded to my pleading for assistance.

Next I wish to note that I have solved many of the problems with my "new" car in spite of not having a manual or any help at all from anybody.

Transmission: Would not shift from 2nd to 3rd.
Solution: Added ATF fluid and need a flush & filter change @ next paycheck.

Battery: Deceased battery located under the rear seat and no mechanic in town would replace it.
Solution: I found a group 48 700CCA Battery and replaced it myself.

Tire noise rear: Found HUGE flat spot on right rear tire.
Solution: Will replace the entire set next paycheck with all season tires.

Interior lights: Interior lights DNF.
Solution: Replaced blown 15A fuse.

Engine: Rough running idle stumbles at first start and stopping.
Solution: Changed oil, filters and added fresh Premium fuel.

Brakes: Spongy feeling and weak braking power.
Solution: Dicovered warped/heat damaged rotor right rear. Going to
perform a complete F/R Brake job. Replacing rotors A/R.

Pass Front door: Won't open or unlock. Don't know how to unlock anything.
Solution: I need your help! Will try key tonight to unlock it manually. I can't belive that I didn't try this yet. DUH!

Gas tank door: Won't open. Cannot locate release. Need fresh fuel!
Solution: Removed locking mechanism from within the access pannel.
I need your help! Where is the power release?

Rear hatch: Will not open with key or latch. Suspect electrical malfunction.
Solution: I need your help! I will check all the fuses and look at wires.

Mirrors: They don't adjust in any direction. Fuse is ok.
Solution: I need your help! Schematic diagram anybody?

Radio: "Safe" displayed & DNF. No Manual and no code to release it.
Solution: I could use some help here! Perhaps it is time to install an Alpine CD head unit.

Seat memory: Switches stuck down.
Solution: I will try solvent WD-40 and attempt to free these. If that does not work, then I'll get back to all of you anxious folks that are so willing to help out.

I hope that more is working on my next update. Snow is coming soon~~~>

Clearview

·
Registered
1 Posts
Originally posted by Clearview@Oct 25 2005, 07:03 PM
Hi Y'all!

I first want to thank all zero of you that responded to my pleading for assistance.

Next I wish to note that I have solved many of the problems with my "new" car in spite of not having a manual or any help at all from anybody.

Transmission: Would not shift from 2nd to 3rd.
Solution: Added ATF fluid and need a flush & filter change @ next paycheck.

Battery: Deceased battery located under the rear seat and no mechanic in town would replace it.
Solution: I found a group 48 700CCA Battery and replaced it myself.

Tire noise rear: Found HUGE flat spot on right rear tire.
Solution: Will replace the entire set next paycheck with all season tires.

Interior lights: Interior lights DNF.
Solution: Replaced blown 15A fuse.

Engine: Rough running idle stumbles at first start and stopping.
Solution: Changed oil, filters and added fresh Premium fuel.

Brakes: Spongy feeling and weak braking power.
Solution: Dicovered warped/heat damaged rotor right rear. Going to
perform a complete F/R Brake job. Replacing rotors A/R.

Pass Front door: Won't open or unlock. Don't know how to unlock anything.
Solution: I need your help! Will try key tonight to unlock it manually. I can't belive that I didn't try this yet. DUH!

Gas tank door: Won't open. Cannot locate release. Need fresh fuel!
Solution: Removed locking mechanism from within the access pannel.
I need your help! Where is the power release?

Rear hatch: Will not open with key or latch. Suspect electrical malfunction.
Solution: I need your help! I will check all the fuses and look at wires.

Mirrors: They don't adjust in any direction. Fuse is ok.
Solution: I need your help! Schematic diagram anybody?

Radio: "Safe" displayed & DNF. No Manual and no code to release it.
Solution: I could use some help here! Perhaps it is time to install an Alpine CD head unit.

Seat memory: Switches stuck down.
Solution: I will try solvent WD-40 and attempt to free these. If that does not work, then I'll get back to all of you anxious folks that are so willing to help out.

I hope that more is working on my next update. Snow is coming soon~~~>

Clearview

·
Registered
144 Posts
For the radio SAFE problem, if you don't have the code, it would be best to buy another radio. You could get the security code from Audi by giving them the radio serial number, but I don't think it's worth the bother.

As for the "thank all zero of you that responded" thing, first of all there was no question in your starting post. Second, here's a quote from Audi-Forums rules:
No Personal Attacks. Do not call other members names, even in jest. You may attack or dispute opinions and facts, but do so with facts and not by taking it to a personal level.
No Harassment. Try to keep discussions on a positive note.

People answer when they know and when they feel like doing so. Some of us have no experience with a similar car as yours, or with similar problems, so we can't answer. I have some unanswered posts myself, but I don't think that blaming the others for the lack of answer is a good attitude and will eventually get them to answer. Try to be more positive! :57:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Dear Clearview,
In terms of diagrams and such I would recommend spending $19.95 and subscribing to alldatadiy.com for your particular car and model. I have a 93 Quattro 100 CS Avant also I have been very impressed, better than the Bentley CD. To get my $500 100CS running had to do new rebuilt transmission, all new rotors and brakes around, new rear wheel bearings, new ignition switch, new horns and working on heater blower motor. I have bought from blauparts.com and also another place in Clifton Park, NY.
As for the forum I agree with the moderator about keeping it positive. This is part of the Audi "adventure".
Peter

1 - 5 of 5 Posts