Audi Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I got my 2000 Audi TT last Monday. The second I got it I changed the air filter/oil change/ coolant flush. All super EASY DIY in this car compared to some of the others i've owned.

Anyways the owner before me put a Bola* exhaust system on it and a Modification chip in the car. He claims it has 215hp now.

I dont know if I trust this completely, but either way the car is pretty damn quick. The car in first gear will go to 40mph just before 7000rpm, and will hit 64mph in second gear just before it redlines. Takes just over 5.8 seconds (We used a timer). Is this normal for the car? Does this seem like a major improvement?

How does yours preform?

~Chris

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
its sounds like ur chipped, im guessin u have teh 180TT

·
Registered
14 Posts
i have a 2003 53 ttc 225 with bluflame exhaust and wakd airbox mod and i think its supposed to do 0-60 in 6.4 so your car is off the scale and has the performance of my car when its chipped to 270 bhp which is being done next.

·
Registered
21 Posts
what sort of timer did you use? was it an in car or G meter or a stop watch?
cause thats some time you got.

your car has 177bhp standard and if it is running 215 then thats 35odd bhp more and prob 265nm of torque.
the stated time for a tt 180 0-60 is 7.4 so for you to get 5.8 is amazing! 1.6 seconds quicker 0-60.
the tt 225 is 6.4 0-60 so you can see that your figures make no sense as the 225 still has more power than your car and is slower. 35 bhp will not make such a huge performance difference (reducing 0-60) on a car weighing in at 1410kg.
The engine is the same in both models why not do the necessary to make the 180 into the 225? But if your car is a quick as you say dont bother cause youll prob make the performance worse.:D
The thing about 2nd hand cars is you dont know whats been done to them. it could well have a bigger turbo running high boost and a larger intercooler nd be properly mapped. get it on a rolling road!:) it sounds like youve got far more power than you say. im not trying to sound like a dick. it just an unbelievable time for such little bhp.

my car weighs 1400 kg aswell and does 4.1 0-60 (measured with an in car gmeter)

i have 350bhp if i equate 35bhp for 1.6 seconds as your car has and remove 35bhp 4 times from my 350bhp im left with 210bhp, similar to your tt but adding 4x1.6 onto my 4.1 0-60 time now gives me a car with 210 bhp and 10.5 0-60 pretty disapointing i think youll agree.
make sure someone just hasnt turned up the boost and had the fuel cut removed. also a hose may have popped off causing the car to overboost?
cheers

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not a huge car guy, so I honestly dont understand 90% of what you said. Sorry...

However I know that I beat a 225 by about 4 car lengths.... in a straight 1/4 mile.

I have to have considerable gains dont i?

Also the car was tuned at a tuner shop...could have have part of it?

also when we timed it, it was with a G-tech.

·
Registered
21 Posts
well thats amazing then, really impressive. its tuned well above 215 trust me. its more likely to be in the high 200's 290? id imagine your running much higher boost. id get someone to have a look at it and find out and make sure is running that safely!
must be good fun?
out of interest what did you run a 1/4 in?
when you find out- let me know whats been done.
cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts