Audi Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, thought I would introduce myself since I just joined on here. I have long liked German vehicles with my favorite being Porsche. I have been looking at the VW and Audi to possibly pick one up for my new daily driver so I can keep the miles down on the Marauder and start some serious modifications.

Anyway, living in Iowa, I would like to have AWD, but I don't want/need a truck or SUV. Plus, I want better gas mileage and handling than that. Plus, I have always liked Audi's, too. I would love to have an S4 Avant or RS6 (2003), but not in my budget.

Looking to get as much information, input, advice as I can get on here. And will make sure to use the search option as much as possible. I am thinking something like an A4 Avant Quattro or something along those lines. Preferrably with the 5-speed, cold weather and sport packages. Then again, my budget, when the time comes, may push back even older to an 80 Quattro or Quattro Coupe. Who knows.

Thoughts? I am thinking somewhere around the $10,000 or under mark when the time comes. Preferably with good service history and up keep. I will keep reading...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am sure I will get plenty of differing opinions, but any preferences between the 1.8T and the V6? It will be just a daily driver, not a whole lot of hills or anything around here. 1.8T get better gas mileage?

By the way, just felt the need to say this. Lots of people have said I should just pick up a cheap "beater", but since I am in the process of a divorce, selling house, etc, I want my daily driver to be nice so that I don't feel too bad if I was to get a date, it's the middle of winter, and I don't want to get the Marauder out. Cause once I get a daily driver, the Marauder will stay parked in the winters.

I think the Audi would work perfectly and be a safe car to be in. AWD, nice interior, and the added room of the Avant would be nice. Plus, I just think they look sweet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts