Audi Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I've just bought a 1997 A4 Avant and i've got a couple of queries I hope you can help me with.
1. When I undo the passengers door with the key, it triggers both front electric windows, so they both wind down completely. Has anyone else had this problem and if so what is it?
2. I'm occasionally getting the message 'in 2' in my odometer window. Whats this then?
3. In the ashtray behind the gearstick (i.e. rear passenger ashtray) theres what at a glance appears to be a scart plug socket. Again whats this?

Thanks for your help with these questions. The car drives wonderfully, really tourquey and i'm super pleased except for these (esp the first one) niggles.

Sculph

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
1. The windows roll down because you got full closure sytem on your central locking/ alarm.

You should also find that when you lock it and hold the key for a second or 2 in the lock direction it will close the windows too if you have left them open.

You should have a remote fob or key that will also do this feature if you hold unlock/lock button down on the fob for a few seconds!!

2. Not sure what the "in 2" is on the Dis !!

3. It could be your VAG-COM port but not sure as i have the B6 and mine is under the drivers footwell !!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Hello! OK THE SOCKET BY THE ASHTRAY IS YOUR DIAGNOSTIC PORT.
THE "IN2" MEANS INSPECTION 2 (SERVICE) CHECK YOUR OWNER MANUAL IT SHOULD TELL YOU EXACTLY WHAT SERVICE IS NEEDED.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts