Audi Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks,

I just picked up a 99' Audi A4 1.8T quattro. I needs a little work but I am no stranger to building cars. I used to be an still am I diehard Honda guy. Not the kind of honda guy everyone hates but the kind that sunk every last penny into replacing every single suspension piece and then built a set of individual throttle bodies cause no one made any for his vehicle. Anywho... The A4 I just got is pretty nice. Its a Tip. though and I have been told those trannies are on the weak side... is this true. I also need to get a new remote... I s there anyway to get the FCC ID without going to a dealer cause the closest one to me is an hour drive. The dealer wants $200 for the remote and to program it i was looking on ebay and they have a ton of uncut unprogramed keys for a lot cheaper goodidea or bad?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
Welcome to the forum. If you post this in the A4 B5 section you will get a better response and help to your questions Cheers- t-sport :)

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
if you have someone that knows how to program your key then its great make sure u can find 1 though... and i dont know if the b6 model is the same as the b5's but my key needs special cutting; so make sure you can find someone who can do that as well

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah I figured posting it in the B5 forums or the elctronics forums would be a good idea I just haven't got around to it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts