Audi Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys what do you think of this new carbon intake system. I have been qouted £600 for remapping and installing one of these which would give me 55 bhp more than stock(163bhp) so would be running 218bhp.
Its about the best remap and power upgrade i can find for the money in the uk.

CDA – Carbon Dynamic Airbox

The CDA filtering system is composed of a cylindrical air box in real carbon fibre containing a washable filtering element. The choice of the material composition is due to the fact that carbon has a low thermic conductivity that allows to isolate the heat of the engine form the filter and fresh air. Substituting the original air box with the CDA, cold air is directly channels through the isolated thermic filter inside the carbon air box and drawn from the engine through the flow deflector giving minimum loss of energy. The CDA system also includes a black flexible alloy duct (60cm in length) to allow the air to be taken in at the front fo the car where possible. The system is available in two different dimensions, size one for up to 1600cc and size two for over 1600cc.

If anyone else is interested in the these tuners here are there details and they travel anywhere in the uk to your house or work to install.
http://www.angeltuning.co.uk/

Attachments

·
Registered
470 Posts
Ive sold a few of these and ive never had a good review. Most people said it made no difference, although they didn't have the remap. Theres a lot of these types of intakes about. I've heard the carbonio intake is very good for the 1.8t.

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the tuning guys said the BMC Carbon Dynamic Induction kit will increase the power by a further 4 - 6% as not only does it increase the power on its own, it increases power of the initial mapping due to the improved air flow rate.
The remap on its own is £400 for 45bhp gain and this includes travel to my home inclusive of vat so do you think its worth the extra £200 for another 10bhp and better acceleration?

How much do the intakes sale for in your shop Randomjim?

This is the sound the carbonio makes

·
Registered
470 Posts
I dont know about you but i love induction noise, which is one of the things people didnt like about the bmc. They are really quiet. Depends if you like the noise or not. Went for a meeting at pipercross a few weeks back and they've just developed a kit which got 13.8bhp on a civic type r.

Ive not sold a bmc for an a4 yet but there normally between £170 and £200. Are you planning on changing the exhaust?

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am not to bothered about the induction noise as i used to be when i was younger before i had any children lol.I had to get rid of my ice once they were born as needed the boot space for buggy etc hence buying an avant.
I was going to wait for the standard exhaust to perish first before replacing and then go for a custom build full stainless system as i have a local fabricater that makes them to fit and increases bore sizes etc to let the turbo breath better.He did one for me on my old daihatsu charade turbo and it sounded awsome .

He normally only charges me about £300 for a full cat back system so is good value i think you would agree.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Yea thats a good price, i went for a supersprint cat back which cost me £400 with some hefty discount. Really pleased with it but part of me wishes i went for a custom made one.

Sounds like the cda is perfect for you then, doo you get a dyno read out with the remap?

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They tell me i will get a road test with the map using a calibrated performance meter but not too sure if this is some kind of dyno test?

·
Registered
470 Posts
Oh i think thats like a dyno run but on the road with a laptop to set up the car. Im not sure if you get a bhp figure afterwards though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts