Audi Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up fellow Audi owners?

In October of 2004, I became the the proud owner of a Dark Green (hence the name A4jager) Audi A4 1.8T (quattro) with a manual transmission. I have wanted an Audi for a long time now, and am extremely greatful to finally be an owner of one. I purchased it on Ebay motors and my roommate and I flew to Chicago from Atlanta to pick it up from the dealer. Fortunately, my roommate has a cousin that just graduated from North Western Law, and now lives in downtown Chicago and knows the city really well. He set us up with a pretty sweet itenerary for the night that encompassed 2 restaurants, 3 bars and 5 nightclubs, and then graciously let us crash at his place for the night. We drove back to Atlanta the next day and was back in time for classes Monday morning. Thats my Audi story... so far. :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Living here in the Chicagoland area (Waukegan) what dealership did you make your purchase from? Also, how do you find dealing ie buying a car over ebay? Was the car what you expected it to be after viweing it?

Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cleveland Brownie - The dealer that I purchased my vehicle from actually has two names. Their Ebay handle is "Platinum Auto" and I believe the name of the physical location is Royal Auto Sales. I think the 2nd question that you are asking is pertaining to how was my experience buying a car off of ebay, and to answer that question, it was really really simple. Ebay motors offers alot of variety and in general there are A LOT of photos and descriptions about the cars, also you can review all the buyer responses to the dealer. This in essence is the "checks and balances" of the ebay experience. I saved alot of money by purchasing off of ebay and by financing through Lending Tree. I would recommend ebay to everyone. To answer your 3rd question, yes, it was everything that I expected it to be and MORE. Once I saw it in person, I was like OMG, thats MY car. The only thing I regret is not checking the windshield wipers. Unfortunately they are not operable. Everything else is great. By the way, I used to live in Waukegan. I was in the Navy. I did Bootcamp up there in the Summer of '99 and I did my A school at Great Lakes - the Winter's in Chicago are NO JOKE.

-cole

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for the great reply. You anserwed everything. You are so right, the winter's here are not joke but i have to admit I've been much colder in Minneapolis and Buffalo. In fact, unbelievably so.

So, you were in the Navy. Are you still in? Was the experience waht you expected? Did you ever get a chance to get into Chicago?

Again, thanks for the information about E-Bay.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No I am not in the NAVY anymore, and about the experience, i have mixed opinions, but i am def glad that i had the chance to serve my country, and for that i will always be proud. About Chicago, yes i def got more than a chance to get into chicago and i enjoyed every second in the city. Chicago is a great town that has a lot of character and some pretty cool music and def some amazing restaraunts. The girl i was with at the time worked at a mergers and acquistions firm and i frequently headed to Chi-town to join her for a cocktail (both of us drinking on a fake). It was a really great time, but i am thankful to be back in the south :wink2:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts