Audi Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought my TT roadster about a week and a half. i've never had a car that is this much fun! i was glad to see that there were plenty of forums to chat about the car too! my previous car was a 98 eclipse gs. to say the least, this was a huge upgrade for me! i live in bristol, tn. if anyone lives near by, gimme a yell! i plan to take it up the switchbacks soon to try out the handle. i'd love to drive up the mountain on highway 421. plan to go to knoxville and visit a friend where i plan to drive on the dragon's back. i did have one question. i'm concerned about what type of oil is best to use. since i just bought it, i want to change the oil just to be on the safe side. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
:00000732: :00000732: :00000732:
hopeu enjoy ur stay here

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey,
I got a TT roadtster last fall and live in Knoxville--I think u are talking about HWY 129 (Dragons tail). I have only driven 4X4's so th eTT was a real change for me. I am plannin on taming the dragon one Sun. next month. belows a pic from the Dragon last fall.

Oil: I have heard 10w 30 is just fine as we dont get extreme temp swings here...
up north different story colder temps require less viscosity

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey,
I got a TT roadtster last fall and live in Knoxville--I think u are talking about HWY 129 (Dragons tail). I have only driven 4X4's so th eTT was a real change for me. I am plannin on taming the dragon one Sun. next month

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cool! you're not too far away. i have a buddy that lives in ktown. i believe you're right, it is dragon's tail...or 129. either way, i hear people drive there from all parts of the country just to experience that road. it'll be a while before i get down there again, though. guess for now the switchbacks up holston mountain will have to do on 421. i'm gonna try that out tomorrow. next time i'm down your way, we'll have to meet up and drive the tail!

:57:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts