Audi Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys I'm a new member my name is Gil. I've been an Audi enthusiast for a few years now and have a 2000 S4. I was wondering if i have blown my turbo because whenever i accelerate I now get a very high pitched noise and i never got it before. I'm just wondering if it would be cheaper to replace just the bearings and impellers or just get a K04 turbo kit from APR. Thanks

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
well.. does your car feel normal? if your car is proforming like usual then you wouldnt have a blown tubro. it could just be something is rubbinginside the turbo :huh:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's one thing i was thinking because it still performs like normal it just now sounds like a supercharger. do you know if there would be anything short of taking off the turbo to fix it.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
the only thing i can think of (other than maybe not enough lube in the turbos?) is a bad DV (diverter valve)... its hard to tell without hearing the sound. i'd cehck wiht your dealer see what they have to say

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No i just replaced the DV's with The forge motorsports DV-R and APR's Bi-Pipe, snub mount, and chip with 93 and 100 octane settings. It sounds like a high pitch Whining as opposed to the noraml whistle of the turbo.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts