Audi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone, i just purchsed some silverstar 55 watt light bulbs for my head lights and fog lights, but iheard they are just a little brighter than the oem ones, and they weren't worth the 80 dollars. so a friend of mine told me to purchase some metal white light bulbs from velocityfactor.com and i've seen them on his car and they look like real H.I.D'S and they were only 59 dollars. But the wattage for the head lights is 70 and 55 for the fogs. would that be fine or would it melt my inside lenses?

·
Registered
470 Posts
I tried some 80w bulbs in my aftermarket lights an they started smoking, so id be careful. Try and find somewhere you can try before you buy

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
u might melt somehting or screw up the sockets

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i bought the 70 watt bulbs and the highest was 77 watts. so i chose the lower wattage for the head lights but the fog lights are only 55 watts so i'm not worried. it's just the 70 watt bulbs i'm worried about and don't no if thats to much!
well if u guys think something will happen let me no cause i can't afford to keep fixing my car. i alread y dumped about 3500 since june. can't keep it up. but thanx for the info guys i deffinetly won't buy the 80 watt ones lol.
thanx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts