Audi Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

i recently got a HID conversion kit - H7 bulbs with ballests etc at 6000k... I have now decided i what to go a little whiter and try some 4300k or 5000k..

however i have not been able to find any for sale????

the standard D2s and D2R ones are about £70 each.... however i need to get some with the H7 fitting??

Has anyone done this before???

if not i think i will just buy another kit and let the old one sit in the garage!!

Cheers

Rickt

·
Registered
76 Posts
Rick

What rating lights did you have originally??

Are you going to go for the adaptors, if not are you going to sell your kit, if so let me know.

I am going to be up Yorkshire way this weekend, so would be interested if you are going to sell....

Thanks
Nilz

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi there,

No im keeping the kit for the moment... looking for some new bulbs D2s and D2R as these will fitt my kit... however as the price is high for the bulbs i may just buy another kit with a lower k rating bulb..

If i do decide to sell this kit i will be putting it on ebay --- however i will post the link on here so you can see it as postage is no problem..

Cheers

Rickt

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
they are a bit....

one question is How long do your HID's take to get to full running temp??

mind take about 3 mins or so to warm up before they get to working perfect... seem very blue and dull to start with 1st 10 seconds then get brighter and bright!

Cheers

Rickt

·
Registered
18 Posts
h i d audi a4

I bought a set for my car 8000k from a company in brentford cost nearly £400.00 including fitting best thing i have done...:) pay peanuts get monkeys worth of a job...oh yeah plus you get a one year warranty on everything...:cool:

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
dil said:
I bought a set for my car 8000k from a company in brentford cost nearly £400.00 including fitting best thing i have done...:) pay peanuts get monkeys worth of a job...oh yeah plus you get a one year warranty on everything...:cool:
Have you got a link to your company site and will they do a similar deal for our uk members ??

Can you give a price for supply only ?

Cheers

T-sport

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
£400.00 - inc fitting???

its all down to the bulbs really....

Cheers

Rickt

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
£400.00 - inc fitting???

T-Sport - i think hes already in the Uk and he got them from a company '-)

its all down to the bulbs really....

Cheers

Rickt

·
Registered
18 Posts
the company is tgw motors is brentford here is a link..seriously they are superb i had one of my mates have a look at the work and he was amazed..at the quality of the fit...and the bulbs are either german or japanese...well worth the money...

TW Motor Inc

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
Cheers for that, they do look good quality and there German not from china so i suppose you pay the higher difference because of that!!

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Same style kit as mine... is the light instance when you turn them on or does it take a few seconds and you can see it getting brighter and brighter??

Cheers

Rickt

1 - 15 of 15 Posts