Audi Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, all. I am a long time owner, first timer to the forum world. I have a 96 2.8L A4 that has treated me very well now aging up in the 140K range and still running very strong. I consider myself pretty good with cars as far as maintenance goes. But I have just gained the confidence I guess to start working on the Audi myself instead of taking it out of my way to the dealer. I have always done the oil and air filter change myself also plugs and wires and now recently the fuel filter. I was told as many are, that the tranny fluid is a lifetime oil and should last the life of the car by Audi. Well that's hard for me to believe and now that the miles are up there I think this should be done. What is the best fluid to replace the stock fluid and should I also replace the filter? I am aware I need a tool and can find this online. Any help would be greatly appriciated.

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
Welcome to the forum neilechols.

If you post this again in the A4 B5 section of the forum you should get some more help :)

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
Welcome to the forum!!

the tranny fulid is for life... however there is a drain point, however you need a special tool and i have never come across one as a NON-Audi part... also Audi dont sell this tool either... they just have them in their workshops!!!

Im sure if you do a bit of research you will find one!!

In regards to oil... i cant really help you on that one..

try posting in the B5 section for more replies!

Rickt

1 - 3 of 3 Posts