Audi Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,
Im new here, fresh from the mercedes forums lol. Im looking into an audi as my next car and i found a 1998 a6 2.8 mint looking with 19" wheels, would $7k for this car with 122,xxx miles be worth it? thanks for the advice, and i apologize in advance because you probably get these questions 24/7.

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
Guess you in the US at $7k...

A car like that here in the UK would be about £3K,

So in my eyes it would not be worth it... however the US market is totally different to ours here in the UK so you will need to get some feedback from the US guys on here.

3,000.00 GBP United Kingdom Pounds = 5,630.70 USD United States Dollars

Thanks

Rickt

·
Registered
16 Posts
Lucky you...

In here Finland, a car like you mentioned, worth about €20 000, that is about $16 600. This is a cause of our ridiculous automobile tax system. So, in my point of view, your Audi with $7 000 price-tag absolutely worth it.

I have Audi A6 with 1.8T and the CVT, modell year 2002. Couple years ago, I paid €30 000 for it ($18 750)...Imagine that...

Br.
-JK

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
Audiddimo... i was speaking to a lad on holiday this year from Finland and he had a VW Golf, 2002 i think.. and he had to made something high for it also.... he was not best pleased when i said it would not be worth much in the Uk.. ie €4k (euros) when he had paid €10k euros in Finland...

its crazy how it can be such a differance and i thought our goverment was mad at high taxes on fuel!! £1.00 GBP per litre - about €1.40 euro. -

Just goes to show...

Rickt

·
Registered
16 Posts
RickT, good to see, that we are not only one who have to pay for a gasoline absolutely too much. I have to pay for a regular 95 oct gasoline about 1,236...1,287 Euros, at the mean time 98 oct worth about 1,268...1,320 and a diesel worth 0,987...1,027 Euros.

So, we seems to be in same level regarding of fuel prices. In Finland we have a fuel tax and VAT which makes about 70% of fuel prices. It is absolutely ridiculous, don't you think.

-JK

1 - 7 of 7 Posts