Audi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I've just replaced my original Audi Concert rad/cass (1998 A3 Sport) with a new Sony rad/CD. Have used autoleads harness adaptor & powered antenna filter/amp, no probs there - hardest part was getting the original unit out: teaspoon handles did the trick!. I now seem to get a hiss from the rear (speakers?) that I haven't noticed before.

It sounds like a fan and stays at constant volume even when I turn the volume up on the speakers or push the rader all the way to the front. It does go away when I disconnect the power to the rear amp/sub but I can't seem to locate exactly where the noise is coming from.

Has anyone else had the same or am I just going a bit deaf?

The head unit has options for rear/sub output and I've made sure it's set to rear, just in case but I think that applies to the RCA-outs (not used), not the speaker-outs (connected to original rear amp/sub via harness adaptor, big red plug).

Please help.

Thanks in advance,
Jon

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Jon!

Is it sounding like a buzzing sound that changes frequency according to the RPM of the engine?
In that case, some of the cables are picking up noise from the generator. This niose can be picked up anywhere in the car.
There are some easy ways to fix this.. You can buy filters to connect both on the RCA-cables and the main power cable. Both of these cables are sourses to this kind of niose.

Hope this gives you some ideas

Regards
Mads

·
Registered
27 Posts
I get a sound like that after i had my Eclipse ANV 5500 deck installed. It stays on for less than a minute then goes off. It is coming from the rear passenger fender.

·
Registered
3 Posts
So this seems to be quite a common fault with pretty much anyone who has replaced a factory HU and used a wiring adapter... is there a common solution? Surely there must be a ground or something in the Audi wiring loom that isn't connected properly when the wiring is adapted?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts