1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
470 Posts
Very nice. Will need slight modification to fit on pre 99 models though. Different shape front wings i think.

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well this guy has a 99% feedback, and it says fits exactly to the stock headlights, hopefully it does but i could always figure it out!!! but yea thanx for your statement!!! :banana:

·
Registered
470 Posts
They might be different to the ones i looked at. But i was told they had to be two piece. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea i think u'r right. i mean it makes since b/c the stock ones are 2pc.
but who knows!!! as soon as i get them and put them on i'll let all of u no!!!! :)

·
Registered
470 Posts
I just read some i sell at work. It says requires modification to non visable body parts. So i guess its something under the hood.

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i'm just hoping i don't have to cut or trim a part of the actual body, b/c thats time,and cost consuming and it deff. wouldn't be worth it, i also talked to some ppl and they said it should mount rite in and u use the old mounts from u'r oem lights and it should work fine. :57:

·
Registered
195 Posts
Here's a good place to read about lights.

http://www.lltek.com/light_reserve.htm

The important section for your car is:

The 90% Perfect Alternative

A popular upgrade for the older 1996-1999 A4 was to retrofit a one piece Valeo headlamp, since the headlamp opening was nearly identical pre and post facelift. This retrofit required two adjustments. First the Bosch plug had to be cut off and replaced with a Valeo compatible plug. Second, some minor metal cutting of the inner fender was needed. The fit results are 90% perfect. LLTek has sold, and continues to sell, many headlamps for this type of upgrade and it is a nice upgrade. However, many enthusiasts do not like the idea of cutting their car, tinkering with plugs and less than a perfect fit.

=======
So there you have it. Cutting and buggering around required. Read on further down the page for their two piece upgrades.

VB

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thnax for the site, so i am basicly goin to have to do some mods. oh well sh** happens, u just learn from u'r mistakes. but those lights on there r expensive, almost 200 ea. i'm paying 164 i rather do the cutting to tell u the truth!!! but anyways :liebe011:

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
oh absolutly, as sonn as i get the lights. i'm taking pics and i'll put them on!!!!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Hey! I have a set of those on my car now. I love the halo look. But, I'm upset I traded them for my H.I.D.. Now I have to do an upgrade :(
Anyways...here's a pic attached

[attachmentid=919]

Attachments

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
wow they really look good, where did u buy them from? b/c i have about 11hrs left on this bid and i'm anctious on getting these lights, and i just sighned up for pay pal and i won't be able to get the deposits till monday or so. so i don't no whether or not to pay with pay pal or just buy em off the seller. he does have a 99% feedbac , but i don't want to get jipped. wat do u guys think i should do? should i take a risk or not :)

·
Registered
170 Posts
Well I bought mine off of eBay as well. The name of the guy escapes me now though. But, I was really satisfied. Came with both harnesses to hook up to mine (01) and earlier two piece models. Had to clean up the wiring a little as I planned to show my car. But, nothing serious.

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well thatgood thing tohear, and i really appreciate u'r info. i got about 2hrs left and i'm so anxious to buy these. well as soon as i get them i'll post some pics up right away!!!!! :liebe011: again

·
Registered
3 Posts
:) HI There new to the forum have a 97 audi just bought the angel eyes , the wiring for the lights plugs into my stock harness but the halo lights not sure where to wire them there are 2 wires black and red for each halo so 6 wires . Do you kow how to wire them .

thanks

Stunts

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well i just ordered my lights i should have them in a couple of weeks, but it should have a wiring harness that just plugs in right into the stock harness so u don't have to do any wire cutting or combination of wires, but as soon as i get my lights i'll post some info and pics up!!!! :gunsmilie:

·
Registered
170 Posts
Originally posted by stunts98@Feb 12 2006, 04:22 PM
:) HI There new to the forum have a 97 audi just bought the angel eyes , the wiring for the lights plugs into my stock harness but the halo lights not sure where to wire them there are 2 wires black and red for each halo so 6 wires . Do you kow how to wire them .

thanks

Stunts

Hey, I wired my Halo's into my running lights. So that they come on with them. It works out really well. And looks really cool without a lot of hassle. Hope this helps.

Steve

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i also got a question, do the angel eyes have fogs like the original headlights or no? or do i have to buy seperate fogs for the a4!!!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts