Audi Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. So far I've got an MTM stage 1 chip in my car. I love the response and the added torque. But, I don't like how it's treating my tranny. I just purchased an OC.T Stage 2 chip with the T.C.U. to match it.(Vag-com tool as well...860 for everything...sweet deal) Has anyone has any experience with the tiptronic chip? What did you think of it? Also, I'm looking to get an aftermarket trans crossmember. I've seen them before, but I can't remember where. Any ideas?

·
Registered
195 Posts
All the lower stress bars I have seen are for manual transmissions only. Never found anything for the tiptronic in all my searches. :-(

VB

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That sucks. I know I saw one awhile back. But, I can't remember where. It's been probably 6 months though. I really want to get something down there to stiffen it up. I suppose I could make/have something made for it.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
the tip tranny is purdy week and the S4 with a chip is push it cause of the large amount of TQ

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
do u drive a 1.8T or 2.8L, b/c a friend of mine has the 2.8L and he bought the chip, shifting responce is much better, better increase of 75%. i'm goin to do many mods to my 2.8L this summer if i decide to keep it!!! good luck

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
ahhhhh the great S4!!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Originally posted by B5AUDIS4@Mar 19 2006, 10:36 PM
Hey guys. So far I've got an MTM stage 1 chip in my car. I love the response and the added torque. But, I don't like how it's treating my tranny. I just purchased an OC.T Stage 2 chip with the T.C.U. to match it.(Vag-com tool as well...860 for everything...sweet deal) Has anyone has any experience with the tiptronic chip? What did you think of it? Also, I'm looking to get an aftermarket trans crossmember. I've seen them before, but I can't remember where. Any ideas?
Did you replace the diverter valves? If you have bad diverters, and get off the throttle quickly, you will get a response that may feel like your tranny is falling out of the bottom of your car!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, I replaced to DV's. Got a set of EVO MS valves in there. Also, the shifting in the Tip works great now with the chip. I love it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts