Audi Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, Quick hello to start with, live in Australia and just about to buy my first audi.Huge fan of the A4 and just wondering if anyone has had any dramas(weird noises etc) with the multironic transmissions in the 2005/2006 model? I read that they are not like a conventional auto with clutch packs or bands,so i am a bit dubious of the reliability of them. Also, any suggestions on the engine selection.
Australia has the 2.0l,2.0lTDI,1.8T,2.0TFSI and the 3.2FSI. The 3.2 will be out of the question,so I'm wondering out of the rest which will work well with the multitronic.Thanks and talk to you soon.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just bought an A4 3.2 with tiptronic, so far the only complaint is all of the door & seatbelt chimes. I'm sure there is something I can do to disconnect them.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi,GiGi
I have now done 2000 miles in my A4 2.0T FSI multitronic. It has lots of go and is well made, the tiptronic mode is fun, sport mode is frenetic.....................but there are a few problems 1) the noise at low revs (the multitronic is always at about 1300 to 1500 rpm with gentle driving.in traffic etc.....this causes a low rumble which is not nice but not obvious to UK passengers). During parking it is difficult to inch forward (practice makes it easier) and 3) too easy to spin the wheels on a mild takeoff.
I shall be very interested to hear how you get on with your new car...to see if you have the same problem.
My next step is to try a different dealer to see if they can identify a problem

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi I just picked my 06 a4 2.0T FSI Quattro S line with Tiptronic from Audi Bne - The engine is fine mated to the auto box and it is perkier than the 1.8T. I didn't go for the 3.2 because you can get a B6 S4 for the same price in Sydney.

Also if you negotiate well, you should be able to pick up the car for around A$71k including a few options. My only complaint was not getting phone prep with my car. My bad!

Hope this helps...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all your help to my questions guys. I was nearly about to buy a brand
new 2.0l 05 and then there was a lovely black 1.8T 03 model I could not take my eyes off. I got some RS6 18" rims put on it and a few other extras. I wil post some photos of it on the B6 forum when I get it. Once again thanks for all your help and talk to you soon.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I have a 2.0T multitronic (5 months) and apart from the bizarre effect of the engine note its great. Could do with a switch to allow the tranny to max in each "gear" in manual mode.

Had a 1.8T with multi for three years and no trouble whatsoever. :beer:

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
Good choice GiGi black is the best when polished up and you got the right engine and rims too.

:thumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts