Audi Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:D just changed my cambelt today on my 14tdi
am so glad i never took it into audi .....
the only SPECIAL tool needed was a 3 mm dril bit to lock the fan belt spring back
whole job took three hours and i changed oil ... oil filter ... and air filter at same time .........

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can you help?

Hi Blue. I have just been quoted £490 for a cambelt change from Audi for my A2 1.4TDI. Could you tell me where you found information on how to change the cambelt and which special tool was needed? Is the cambelt easily accessible?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HI SORRY ITS TOOK ME SO LONG TO REPLY
the cam belt is easy if you,ve muddled with cars before !
there is a top cover on the belt which clips off and a top dead center mark
on bottom pully
all i done was got tipex and marked my own reference points for top and bottom pulleys then cut off old belt and made sure marks lined up .......
left engine mount hass to come off {its in two bits .. cover and mount }
and you,ll need a trolley jack as engine has to be moved up and down to make it easer to get to some bolts .... a sixteen mm socket on a long handle to push back fan belt tension and a 3mm dril bit to hold tensioner back {there is a hole in tonsioner and alt mount } it will make life easer to do this as the spring is really strong .......
plus 5/6mm good allen keys to take pulley off crank
plus some basic tools
there is a tensioner for the cam belt built in to tension the tensioner that your gonna change with belt a 6 inch g clamp lwill help you push this down to get new belt on ...... the crome L bracket on tensioner sits on it ..... you will know it when you fit new tensioner ....... if you need more info just e mail me

1 - 3 of 3 Posts