Audi Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, here is a few questions for you.

1) How much of a pain in the behind is it to remove the climate control/head unit area and is there a place online with a step by step. My cup holder and ash tray are sticking and so I think there is coke or something gumming it up.

2) My sunroof opens and closes just a lil bit while im driving, more of a shift I guess. I dont know if this is normal (kind of like the wing on a Porsche) or something possibly stuck in the track.

3) Whats the easiest way to tell if I have HID bulbs or not. Needless to say the ones on my car are NOT standard bulbs.

4) Can you all please post some links to performance upgrades including chip, interior and exterior upgrades and motor partts upgrades (Ie.. turbo, under drive pullies, etc..)

5) How do I change the climate control from Celsius to Farenheit?

6) The LCD panel in the center of my guage cluster is going out and has lines through it making it hard to read. Anyone know of a serious hook up to get it fixed? I have called around and it seems you have to replace the entire cluster.

·
Premium Member
1,528 Posts
Hi,

This should be of help.

1. AudiWorld Tech Articles

2. AudiWorld Tech Articles

3. When you turn on the lights you will notice if you have Xenons that the light gets brighter and brighter over the first 10second or so if not and the light looks yellow then you have stock lighting.

4. You have not stated what car you have for us to post what you can fit.

5. AudiWorld Tech Articles AudiWorld Tech Articles

6. This is a common problem and you will have to have it replaced although I think there is a company that will replace the screens but I do not know who they are.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
DOH!
2001 Audi A4 1.8T NON-QUATTRO

And thanks for the help, I will get to digging in on it all

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
docurley said:
Hi,

This should be of help.

2. AudiWorld Tech Articles
The switch I have has about a half dozen clicks to it, is there another article for the ones of that type? The one represented by this article in particular is for a 2 position switch.

·
Premium Member
1,528 Posts
That's the best I could find on the subject so it may be that as you stated you may have a naffed runner.

Tuning wise I would look at having your car chipped it will make a hell of a difference, like 40bhp different.

If later you want even more power then I would jump up to a GT28RS or GT2871r kit.

Other upgrades would be 18" rims coilovers if you have the money or as I think you may be running sport shock (these are red in colour) maybe try a set of H&R race sport springs that work well on sport shocks and work great (have this setup on my car).

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Overall these are the projects I have set out on.

18" Tuner wheels (deciding on brand/model) Fortunatley a sister company to the one I work for sells wheels and tires so I will only be out of cost.

Chip (Sucks I have to mail off the computer)

Borla exhaust system

body kit (also undecided)

big brake kit ~ slotted and drilled (undecided and my god they are expensive)

Revamping the entire sound stage, WAY too much to list.. But I have most of what I need already.

Bigger turbo unit

Eibach pro kit with sway bars

misc engine upgrades topped off by a small 1 stage NOS kit

more as I run across deals lol

·
Premium Member
1,528 Posts
HOAX said:
Overall these are the projects I have set out on.

18" Tuner wheels (deciding on brand/model) Fortunatley a sister company to the one I work for sells wheels and tires so I will only be out of cost.

Chip (Sucks I have to mail off the computer)

Borla exhaust system

body kit (also undecided)

big brake kit ~ slotted and drilled (undecided and my god they are expensive)

Revamping the entire sound stage, WAY too much to list.. But I have most of what I need already.

Bigger turbo unit

Eibach pro kit with sway bars

misc engine upgrades topped off by a small 1 stage NOS kit

more as I run across deals lol
With that little shopping list you don't need us as you seem to know what your doing.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have been a car enthusiast as long back as I can remember. However I am very new to German uber-engineering (hehehe). Stock is for those with no imagination...

·
Premium Member
1,528 Posts
HOAX said:
I have been a car enthusiast as long back as I can remember. However I am very new to German uber-engineering (hehehe). Stock is for those with no imagination...
I'm with you on that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts