Audi Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a new 1.8t quattro last week here in Adelaide, Australia (we used to have the Australian Grand Prix here till those mongrels in Melbourne nicked it from us). I bought one of the last B6 models (because I prefer the look of this model and this particular car had a very long list of options installed for less than the price of the base B7 model).

It's a great car, huge difference from my previous car (rust bucket 1982 Mitsubishi Sigma).

I have but one question. The salesman said that the engine management system only delivers around 80-85% power until 5,000 kms to protect the engine (sounds sensible). Is this right?

I have no wish to use the power, I am driving like a myopic 80 year old woman with arthritis while the engine is running in. Just curious.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
not sure about the exact percentage.. but audi detunes their engines alot for production cars, boost on the turbo engines can easially be brought up several PSI safely. for example, a chipped 1.8t has anywhere from 30-40 added HP from increased boost :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5 Posts
I also recently purchased one of the last new B6 versions of the A4 1.8T Q. LOVE the car !! In relation to the chip, is there a specific chip you would recommend ? And will it have any adverse effects on the Automatic Transmission ?
Any info would be appreciated.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts