Audi Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy Memorial Day. Thank you to all soldiers out there protecting my sorry butt!

I just bought a pretty basic system for my '00 A4 w/out Bose.
I got 4 Gauge Amplifier Wiring Kit; Audiobahn Dual 10" 600W RMS Ported Bass Box; 1200W Amp Ultra Linear UL2600D 3/2/1 Ch; and Audiobahn 5 1/4 component ABC525T 125 watts RMS.
It's basic nothing competition.
PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG ON MY IDEAS INSTALLING THIS!
It's a Tri-Mode amp, so I figure I'm going to run 2 channels to the front Audiobahn's crossover and 1 channel bridged to the subwoofer. Sound good? If I have 1200W Max Power
300W x 2 RMS @ 4 Ohm
450W x 2 RMS @ 2 Ohm
600W x 1 RMS @ 4 Ohm
What will be the RMS watts going to the front speakers? and the watts to the bridged subs? I figured the sub would be running at 2 ohms @ 450 and the fronts runing @ 150 watts, am I correct?
Also, Instead of running preamps to my factory HU that has no preamp outputs I figured I would just use the rear speakers to run to the amp, sound good? I don't even care about the rear deck speakers.
Any tricks on removing the door panel to hook up the 5 1/4's? Tricks on removing the door panels or wiring diagrams?
Would do you suggest on running the auto amp shuttoff wire. I was thinking running the wire to the battery and hooking up a toggle switch then to amp? Or is there something easier? Also where's the easiest place to the run the 4 gauge amp wire to the battery?
I APPRECIATE EVERYBODIES HELP!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts