Audi Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
You know... I just bought a 2004 Audi A4 - new car - so my oppinion is "I like this model better" After all, I got 3000 EUR discount (options added).

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm sure there will be differences of opinion, supporters and nay-sayers, as there are when any new model is introduced. (As an avid iPod user -- I'm reminded of the "current" vs. "new" debates that arise on the Apple discussion boards every time a new generation iPod is introduced!).

Having seen a couple of B7s at my dealer recently, I was impressed by the somewhat larger / more powerful engine, and the more aggressive front face. Personally, I thought the interior (silver trim) was a tad cheesy, and the new tail lights reminded me of a Honda Civic's. (No offense to Honda owners, BTW, as I'm on my third Honda!).

I happen to LOVE my B6 (1.8TQ, Tiptronic) - - in part as I bought one of the Special Editions. In pricing B7's, I found I'd have to pay about $3,500 more to get one similarly equipped.

So, intelligent folks will likely continue to come down on both sides, I suppose. . . . -_-

·
Registered
4 Posts
Pallas you seem to be very knowlegable about A4 cars. Can you give me an explanation about the B7 part of the model type and any other suffices.
I have a 2004 A4 Avante 130 Sport and would like to know what is the model.

Regards Mike

·
Registered
41 Posts
B7:
"B" = 'generation'
"7" = '7th'

B7 is the '7th' generation in the Audi A4 (formerly, the Audi 80) line of automobiles. I think that these are internal (Audi) designations. . . .

- - Scott

1 - 6 of 6 Posts