Audi Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my Avant today, it is the 1.9TDI, 130PS - no trim and no CD changer.

I have seen a couple on eBay and they mention the 13 Pin Plug. I have also read that the changer is located in the Boot space left hand side and the glove compartment.

Now I am confused. In the boot space, left hand side there is no plug and no way of getting to one. In the glove compartment there seem to be spaces for lots of things and push out bit of trim. The top has two (or is it three) rectangular spaces with rectangular puch out bits, and the bottom has a single round push out at the back.

First question, is the elusive 13-Pin plug standard to all models, and Second ant clues where it could be.

The system currently installed is the Chorus.

Fingers crosses

Damian

btw Love the car, having driven a V8 Land Rover for the last 7 years it is nice to have a bit of power and refinement.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just a thought, but if you've got an iPod I'd go for an iPod link cable instead - the Audi one, not a clone. I followed a few used CD changers through eBay and they often made mega-bucks.

Although the Audi link seems dear at about £85 I fitted one to mine on Saturday in about an hour (the dealers would charge you about £100) and it was pretty simple. And it's brilliant. Good quality sound. And total control via the head unit.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
May be an excuse to get myself an iPod. Does it have to be an iPod or could I use a cheapo player.

Damian

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've only seen an "official" link for iPods. Although there are several aftermarket alternatives for other mp3's.

The advantage with the Audi to iPod link is that you can not only control the unit from the existing head unit, but also have the track number and playlist number (though not the title/artist) display on the head unit and the dash.

Look at it this way. You will pay £80 to £150 for a used 6 shot CD changer. You will need an interface cable (£20+?) if it doesn't come with the unit. It requires mounting in the glove box and although you can adapt the standard glove box to take it the correct one costs about £85. Depends how fussy you are.

Or you could buy - say a 30 gig iPod video for £150 and have 7500 tracks available. The outlay might be similar. But you can use the iPod elsewhere too. BTW you can't have both a multi-changer & the iPod wired.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can anyone tell me a bit more about iPods and Audi's. Is there any particular model of iPods that can be used, is there a in car holder of some sort, and are there any links for the adapter ?

Thanks

Damian

1 - 7 of 7 Posts