Premium Member
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
looks like the back of a porsche to be honest

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
only 5 votes man this board is weakkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!

·
Registered
470 Posts
Yea love the front not sure on the back, might grow on me. Think they could of gone a bit more crazy with it. Like honda did with the new civic, a complete re-style. In two years time its gonna look dated.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The problem with the car is it looks like a line extention. It is polite at best. Trust me no one is going to be copying this car for the next five years. It is adding nothing to the automotive world beyond product. The Z4 coupe is the new car that is going to inform the next generation of coupes (Bangle is respoonsible for the look of Audi'sQ9 even though he had nothing to do with it).

It is not faithful enough to the elements that made the last car an icon to be a better version of the classic, nor is it interesting or innovative enough to be the face of the future. It lacks any real reason for wanting it over the Cayman or the Z4.

The last car has a suite of imitators, this one will likely see a massive sales slide in two years.

They should count them selves lucky this was not the car they launched with 6 years ago.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm not really sure. At first, I hated it. Now the front end has grown on me a bit. I'm glad they flared the front grille more than on the other models, so that it doesn't appear so "truck grille" like. The rear end is not aggressive enough.

Overall, IMHO it's not innovative enough, as Helvetica said. I wish they'd have come up with something a little more like this:

PPI RS TT Coupe

Plus I don't think this design will work well in the Roadster version.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Yea thats pretty cool like the back end.
I saw some pics of the new bmw z4m coupe and i hate to say it but its a better looking car.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Looks awesome for the Audi line... I think the Audi TT is in its own league and can't not be compare to a Cayman or a Z4. I never own an Audi TT before just recent bought one as a daily driver to us for work and it is an awesome car to ride better than the M3 I had. Just my 2 cent. This new TT looks very elegant and will be in style for a long time. Once fixed up, it will be even nicer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Drove '07....eh

Went to dealer to see and test drive an '07. Car lacks the charm of the first generation. Very severe appearance looks like car is on drugs and is having a psychotic disorder. Doors are thick, dash looks like it came out of a sedan...Dash is nothing special. Very tall console looks awkward, very expensive price. Front wheel drive sucks. Liked the very high quality of the interior components and seats. I liked the steering wheel, and the new alloy wheels. Car clearly has been designed by a committee and lacks a unified theme like the original. Yes, it drives smooth, doors sound much more solid when closed, still has fabric top in spite of pricey cost. Still can't accept that for well over $40 large, you are still driving a VW GTI underneath the swoopy sheetmetal. This is progress? I choose to stay with my current TT roadster for its personality, looks, performance and charm.

·
Registered
33 Posts
It looks fine but not so exceptional as the Mazda3 MPS that I've seen in a blog. It's been hitting the UK Market with its hot hatch design and impressive Mazda OEM parts. It had been tested in Nurburgring recently...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts