Audi Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saturday I signed the paperwork for my new Audi A6 2.7T
Here is the link to the car

Now... as I always do, I rushed into this purchased. I have a couple questions and since i'm new to the Audi World I figured that this was as good as any place to ask.

1. Am i going to notice the biturbo? i know that in a 4 cyl, the boost makes an impressive difference. But, the 2.7 already has an 6 cyl engine... Will the boost be that noticable?

2. Obviously, anything that increases HP tends to take away from the life of the car. I heard that suspension in the A6 is also alittle iffy. Is it worth upgrading these parts? ECU chip, suspension, K04 turbo?

3. i'm a remoe start person. i put my own viper 791xv in my VW and now i'm going to put the new 2way viper with turbo timer for shut off. Sirius, NAV, MB quart audi, JL woofers. People notice any issues with doing this kind of work? I have a brilliant remote start guy that will make it all work but... my previous VW turned out to be a piece of **** and I'm not willing to turn this car into another german nightmare .

4. i'm looking to upgrade the exhaust system. I want 2 nice clean exhaust pipes coming out of the back of this sport luxury sedan. what is the best/cleanest upgrade.

5. how much am i going to love this car and whats the top speed

i'm thinking - off the bat i'm going to do cosmetic/personal upgrades and then do motor/performance work.

hella smoked tail lights
badgeless grill
remove rear a6 2.7Tt logo
35% tint
remote start with turbo timer shut off
MB QUART component speakers
JL W7 woofer

can anyone tell i'm excited?

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
1. in stock form u probly wont notice the turbo, they use small k03 turbos and the engine is prudy smooth cause u will only be running at low boost i think around 10-12 psi im not sure but low boost in stock form

2. u can get great numbers with a chip and even better with a K04, the audi S4 (has the same engine)with K04s can run 12s and even 11s but ur car is heavy though

4. i like AWE Tuning they have great stuff for ur car and they have great quality, htey have the an exhuast system, and turbo upgrarde
http://awe-tuning.com/pages/shared/part_se...&PPT=Drivetrain

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is it a good buy? from an enthusiasts point of view... is the car worth the money i spent? mileage/price/integrity/packages?

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
that engine has alot of potential but it will never be a track car, i love the engine but not the chassis, its a cruiser not a racer

·
Registered
21 Posts
:amen:
I totaly agree with allwheelgrip here I had a 1999 2.7t S4 and now I have the A6 2.7tq. And I can say if your lookin for a rocket car with handling to suit I think you should of bought the S4!
The A6 Is ok but it's just to much of a boat!
Although It'll cruise at 140mph And Ive seen 160mph on the clock but only on suitable motorways!!!
The S4 on the other hand is a B road bomber. If you've got the balls to throw it in to the corner It's got the balls to pull you back out.

Sorry for this little rant I just got carried away with myself, Just loved the S4 :wub:

Mike

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey, I know this is an old thread, but I'm curious as to how you're liking your 2.7t? Have you done any mods to it yet? Have pics? How much did you buy yours for and how many miles were on it?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I bought it for $18k with 59K miles on it. it's a 2.7T 6 speed manual withOUT the sport package. I like the car but it's a boat. My old VW GTI was responsive and predictible. This thing sways while i shift lanes (eh). I just purchased 18" wheels as my first add-on. Next is suspension (the stock audi one) and then exhaust. I did the demo version of the REVO chip (lasts 5 hours) and that made an tremendous difference but i simply don't have the 700 dollars to purchase the full fledge mode.

and the rims....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Those rims are AWESOME!

Who makes them, where did you get them, and what was the approximate cost each?

Also, what is the offset?

Thank you!

Shoman

·
Registered
2 Posts
AllWheelGrip said:
1. in stock form u probly wont notice the turbo, they use small k03 turbos and the engine is prudy smooth cause u will only be running at low boost i think around 10-12 psi im not sure but low boost in stock form

2. u can get great numbers with a chip and even better with a K04, the audi S4 (has the same engine)with K04s can run 12s and even 11s but ur car is heavy though

4. i like AWE Tuning they have great stuff for ur car and they have great quality, htey have the an exhuast system, and turbo upgrarde
http://awe-tuning.com/pages/shared/part_se...&PPT=Drivetrain
The stock DV's handle up to 8psi I belive... so I guess the k03's wont pass that... when you chip it... its another story, therefore change the DVs and cats.. and you run 310-320 hp and 350 tq with 6spd man tank ? I just love it:cool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts