Audi Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm the proud owner of a brand new '06 A3 2.0T. I've had the car just less than a week and I'm having so much fun with it. I have one problem though, the stereo is driving me crazy! It's the base system - single in-dash player. I want to hook my iPod to the stock stereo but my local Tweeter expert is telling me it doesn't look like there's a way to do it and my Audi dealer wants to charge me $200+ for a link and then for 3 hours of labor at $85/hour just to set it up. So now I'm thinking if its going to take that kind of cash just to plug an iPod in, I might as well get a new CD or DVD deck.

I've searched and searched and can't find the info I need. Here's what I'd like to know... hopefully someone on here can help me.

1. Is there a less expensive way to link an iPod (non-FM transmitter) to the stock system? Say for under $150..

2. Does anyone make a bracket for the A3 to install an aftermarket deck? Or is this something I have to have custom made?

3. How's the system wired? If I get a bracket, can I just plug 'n play? Or am I going to have to rewire the speakers and amp? (Tweeter was saying this may be required)

Thank you.

Boxo

·
Registered
39 Posts
I think you are out of luck ther.. your best bet is to do the FM modulator if you donlt want to pay the bucks of the integrated kit. 200 bucks is preety reasonable by comparison. you might try to install it yoursef and save the labor.. it can;t be that hard..I did the MMI system and it was a peice of cake.

·
Registered
2 Posts
only option is to buy ipod-link and retrofit it from the radio to the glove box..on audi germany i saw the price 240euro for factory fitting(when ordering a new car), or else buy an fm-transmiter.

How's the sound like from your new head-unit cd?
I am wery interested are you pleased with the sound, because i saw on audi.de that it's got only 4 passive speakers in front.now have concert II and it's ok, but soon going for new SB, and was thinking about chorus III single cd

1 - 3 of 3 Posts