Audi Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I'm new to this site and thought it would be a good place to request for some help if it's available. Recently, I have decided to give my car a full work up. I'm willing to spend up to about 2300.

I have a 2003 audi a4 1.8t quattro base model. Its light silver. I'm looking at getting a body kit, rims and a lighting package.

For some reason my lights are just awful. I drive in a pretty deer infested area and am really scared about not being able to see well. What light kit would work for both low and high beams with xenons? A buddy of mine told me i couldn't get one that could do both b/c it would drain too much voltage. Is this true?

Also, I checked my tires. They are stock and it seems like they are 16 inch tires. Is this the standard for this model? I was searching these forums and I believe the consensus is that the 19 inch wheels look strange and may require additional work. Is this true as well?

Lastly, I'm thinking about going with rs4 rims that are replicas. Either silver or chrome. Which do you guys think would match my car best?

Thanks so much for all of the replies.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
if u want to get improve lighting in the new model A4s they have BI-XENON headlights which use HID lighting for both low and high beam but those headlights are very expensive, i say just replace ur halogen headlight bulbs with a HID kit, that will improve ur lighting, and HID kits actually use less electricty then regualr head lights, and i dont know of anyone actually putting HIDs on the high beam but u can try, but i say just replace them with HID look alike halogens

yea the standard A4 comes with 16 inch wheels, the sport package comes with 17s and 19s look great on our cars.
if u want to upgrade to 19s theres no addition work besides getting them balanced and alignment, u may need some hub rings for u wheels also, and i say stay aweay from chrome wheels

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I'm completely new to this and I want my car to have a more classy look so I'm not going with the chrome.

How much does a bi xenon lamp kit run for usually? If my car has bi xenon bulbs, I wonder why the lighting is so poor. Which HID kit would you recommend for street legal and powerful low beams? I was told to go with 5000k bulbs. If i put in an HID kit, would it replace my current high beams?

It seems like members on this board are extremely knowledgeable when it comes to audis. I really appreciate all of the feedback.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
the Bi-Xenons are new headlights so they will cost over 1000.00 for a pair but i say just get some regualar HIDs for ur low beam and get some better halogens for the high beams, 5000k is a good number remember the higher the K the less bright it will be

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There are so many HID low beam kits.....I have no idea which one is good and which one isn't. Do you have any recommendations? Thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I bought some 7K HID low beams for my car.

I'm lookin at getting Flik Justice 18 inch rims in silver

Now to find a good body kit that won't cost me a fortune.....any suggestions?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts