Audi Forums banner

NEED HELP! no power!

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  auditurbo04 
#1 ·
Ok so here is the deal, i have a 04 a4 quattro with the 1.8t. My check engine light came on and when it did i realized that i couldnt feel any boost pressure anymore nor can i hear the turbo spool. I have a GIAC tune on the car and an intake and i have read that with a tune on the car it could make the oem diverter valve fail. could this be the problem? i plan on having the code read to see what it says and to make sure. Also since this has happened when i press the gas peddle down ll the way to the floor it sticks and i have to wedge my toe underneeth it and pop it back up. I believe if im correct that it is because i am feeling less power and think that i have to pres the peddle down further. Any help or hints and tips would be greatly apreciated. If it is the diverter valve then i plan on getiing an Atftermarket one that will suport higher performance. any sugestions on that also?

#3 ·
thank you for the sugestion. i plan on getting a forge dv, its been on my list for a while. but i took the car in and the dv is not the problem. ends up that my thermostat is bad and stuck open so the car is not getting up to temp. and thats another big bill to pay :mad:

#4 ·
If you have not already changed your spark plugs then do so, you might also want to have a look at the rings while your changing plugs if it still works tough with loss in power try sea foam to clean your crankshaft and your injectors and all the fuel system. you could have more Audi repair questions that could be resolved.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.