Audi Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 Audi A4 with the audi concert cd player. I just bought the audi navigation system on e-bay. However, it doesn't fit in the console.
Do I have to by any "double din" or any other harness to be able to use it?
Does anybody have an idea how much an audi dealer will charge me for the installation of the new navi system?
:liebe011: in advance.

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
ill help u all the way with this one, just show me the ebay link that u purchased... i dont wanna brag, but i can probably name every wire behind the unit off my head code coloring as well and do you have a bose system?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi kazyee,

I don't have a bose system. I have an Audi Concert with a single cd player. That is one of the reasons that the navi system won't fit into my console. I will probable need a double din case. Where can I get one?

I've got the unit already and it is working fine.
The item number on ebay is: 9717094072

Thanks man

cbd1970

[attachmentid=1072]

Attachments

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
a double din setup wont do u any good, this will not fit your car, unless you feel like purchasing a new climate control settings the climate control would have to slide down for you to use a double din setup another route would be purchasing a motorized indash setup. Let me know what you do though, i know a lot of hookups and show u everything that you will need for a proper working setup.... also let me know if you plan on selling that unit that you just purchased. Sorry for the bad news, but i will help ya out.

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
yea nice talkin to you... no problem

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Kazyee.
I'm gonna give it a try. I've found a double din cage that will fit in my car and it will also fit the new navi ($120). Regarding the new climate control, I can find an used one on e-bay for about 200 or 250. But first I will cut or sand the sides off the face plate of the one I have now. I will see if it still looks good, if not, I will buy another one.
I will post the pictures once I finish this project.
Thanks for your help.

cbd1970

1 - 9 of 9 Posts