Audi Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My A4 has started randomly beeping from the back of the car. It can start at any time and goes on for ages before stopping. I guessed is was an alarm fault and have tried disabling the interior sensors in case it was a fault here and as a last resort have left the car unlocked - but it still does it! Any help welcome for me and my neighbours!

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
did u turn off the leveling sensor also
that is weird u dont leave any window or sunroof open rite
it doesnt turn off even when u deactivate the alarm

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have that same problem. Mine beeps when I start the car in the first min or so. It beeps like 5 times then stops. It sounds like an alarm thing but the dealer couldn't figure it out. any help would be great.

Jason .. (A4 for ever!)

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
it might be your annoying seat belt chime
alot of people dont like it, i dont either

i might be wrong though
but i just want to say
i think your dealer is a retard if they dont kno wut it is

·
Registered
5 Posts
Taking mine in tomorrow exactly for that. It's seems it does it after it's been sitting for awhile. I described the issue to my dealership and they told me to bring it in......will post what I find out!

-Sonny

·
Registered
5 Posts
Alright, I had to postpone the dealer visit but I'll definately keep you guys up to date on info I find out when I do take it in, definately this week though. :banana:

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
Do either of you who are having this beeping problem have a tow bar fitted??

because if you when when they fit the tow bar and electrics with mount a small speaker/relay switch which beeps in the boot behind the carpet inlay, which beeps when you indicate (Turn lights) and this beeps to let you know that your trailer lights are not working... (it only does it when you brake and use your turn signals though.... )

i was just thinking if some thing had broke if may be beeping all the time.. I know also you can turn the beep off on the speeker by just unplugging it..

to be honest if its not that.. it will be the level sensor i think,,, but i didnt know you would hear a beep.. i thought it was just on or off..

Let us know how you get on..

·
Registered
5 Posts
I don't have a tow package installed, don't know about "AllWheelGrip"

The beeping I have is coming from the rear of the car but I think, (if I'm not mistaken) it's an alarm issue.

Maybe you guys can test this out for me, any of you press the panic button on your remote and activate your car alarm, what actually sounds? Does the car horn sound or do you just get a "beep" that is not the car horn but rather from the back of the car?

When I press the panic button, I get a beeping from the back of the car and it's definately not loud enough to be called an alarm.

Maybe this mysterious beeping is indicating an alarm fault, I don't know yet but I will be taking the car in sometime this week.

:eek:fftopic: For you that have quattro. Do you get a vibration when making slow tight turns? I was told this was the quattro?

:eek:fftopic: :eek:fftopic: Any upgrades to the current alarm? I mean I'd like to upgrade the alarm but I don't want someone going in there and gouging the guts of the car just to install an alarm. Something more like oem plug and play?

:eek:fftopic: Alright, too many questions already? Alright for those with HID lights. Are your lights perfectly aligned? I was told by the dealership that in AUDI for HID lights, one is "supposed" to be higher than the other. How accurate is that? I have no other audi to compare this to, so I was hoping one of you guys would let me know how yours is aligned?? :cat: THANKS!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Regarding your question on the alarm,,,,, the alarm sound is NOT the car horn but a seperate system. Mine is located in/near the trunk and I can hear it clearly when I arm the system (beeps twice, headlights flash). Maybe your beeping is a malfunction in the alarm?
Sorry, no info on your other questions.

Rgds.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, Mine has just started doing this too.
Any advice from other members would be welcome. Three beeps following ignition, from the rear, low down in the car. Thankyou.

·
Registered
5 Posts
alright, went to the dealership. of course, they were unable to diagnose the problem. typical........guys? does your alarm, when tripped, does it just beep or does it also beep with the horn?

·
Registered
5 Posts
From what I was told. The alarm system works on a battery back up. The reason why it was beeping is because it was notifying the battery needed to be replaced. Hmmmm, donno about that but that's what I was told!

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
so u wanna know what the beepin is!? its either a leak in ur coolant or ur coolant res. is under the min or over the max, or their is a pressure leak in ur cooLant

thank you come again

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
or your battery is on its outs :) forgot that

1 - 17 of 17 Posts