Audi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:rolleyes: hi everyone

Winter weather finally set it...not nice...wanted to ask if anyone else had similar problem...

got a 1997 A3 1.6 ... when changing gears from 2nd to 3rd and accelerating hard i hear a cranking sound as though something is loose under the car. anyone know what it could be? Def not the exhaust had a quick look under the car.

Thanks in Advance!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Visited my trustee mechanic today, first hand believed it to be the air flow sensor or coil packs...got a call later...damage is alot worse. My Catalytic Coverter has broken...don't ask me how that may have happended. Been quoted £400 with parts, labour and VAT. Not happy but need a car to get to and from work!!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. If you thought that was bad. A few days later I noticed a crack on my windscreen. Bearing in mind only had it fully replaced back in Nov 2006! Not a happy bunny! Cost me my excess again to get it replaced, which thankfully was only £75 and I had recently renewed my insurance with another company. Phew! It's been one hell of a week! And yeh minor trouble with my headlights, bulb blew same time so got that changed. I can finally relax!!!!! Why are cars so expensive to maintain?!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts