Audi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1990 audi 100 2.3L 5cyl. I have driven this car for over a year, and had very few problems until the caliper on one of my rear tire brake's need to be changed, not a big deal. But after I had it changed Its been acting really wierd. I'd be driving around at about 40 or so, an all of a sudden My indicator would sound and the entire car would just shut off. I mean EVERYTHING, my dash, and the engine. So, I would just wait like 10 min. and then I could start the car again, and it would run fine. Well after this happened 2 times it had seemed to stop shutting off on me, which obviously made me VERY happy, but then on my way to the gas station it shut off again, except this time it didn't start up again. I do have it at home, but its been a couple of weeks since its started up. I put the key into the ignition and turn it, all of the dash lights work, and it seems to be turning over without a problem, but it just won't start. I tried using my timing light on it to see if the sparkplugs are firing and to my dismay, I found that that might be where the problem is at. So, I replaced the ignition coil, but that didn't do anything. I'm also quite sure that its not the sparkplug wires. I REALLY NEED HELP on this one. I am totally stumped.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you so... much for your advice, and I will try it, however, I did realize that I wasn't very clear in stating that the sparkplus themselves do not seem to be firing, meaning that that's were the problem is.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Have you investigated the distributor? I think that yours will have a hall sender in it to provide the timing signals and these sometimes are faulty. I have heard that the wiring from the distributor can be a problem, may be good to check it out.

Good luck.

Keith

1 - 4 of 4 Posts