Audi Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum and new to the S4. I just purchased a '04 S4 which has the Multifunction steering wheel. It currently has the phone option on it and I heard that there is a code to reprogram it so that all the buttons control the radio. Does anyone know how to do that. Any help or direction would be great. :liebe011:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes it did. don't tell me its that simple. Is there a code in the manual which will accomp[lish what I'm asking. I hate having the phone option since I'll never use it

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
i Think the dealer has to reprogram it, however i do know how to wire it if you want to take out the head unit.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you can rewire it??? Is it difficult? I'm pretty handy so I'm willing to give it a try. This phone option is driving me nuts especially with not being able to scroll through the presets for Sirius. Any help would be great. I was just wondering if anyone had it reprogrammed, but if rewiring is an option that's nice to know

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
yea, when i get home ill show you a diagram, its kind of intense, but when i redid mine, it was intense

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
i cant find it :/ let me see if i have the print out still over the weekend at my house, ill be at my apartment all week.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts