Audi Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I pressed the little button on the clock while driving and a 1 and then MPH in a circle came up on my dash..
any ideas?
cheers

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
yeah... you can set your self a Speed limit reminder..

Im not sure on the process with the A6.. but heres how its done on the A4... could be simliar..

eg.. if you driving at 30 MPH and press the "CHECK" button it stores the speed and then when you go over that it alerts you to tell you, you are going above your set speed..

if you did it at a slow speed it would flash every time you set off...

try pressing the same button again for about 3-5 seconds and you should get the same symbol (MPH in a circle) with 2 lines across it meaning speed warning deactived..

Cheers

RickT

·
Registered
3 Posts
MPH Speed warning #2

I just had my battery replaced by the dealer in my 98 A6. Now the speed warning indicator #2 beeps at 12 MPH. I know how to turn off indicator #1 by pressing and holding the pushbutton. How do I change the second warning indicator? Does this need to be set by the dealer?

Thanks
Steve

·
Registered
15 Posts
hi , the speed limit reminder should reset it self when the ignition is turned off after your jorney . this is on my a6 tdi 53 plate . ;-) shan .

·
Registered
3 Posts
plumbbobshan said:
hi , the speed limit reminder should reset it self when the ignition is turned off after your jorney . this is on my a6 tdi 53 plate . ;-) shan .
I wish this was the case for my car - but it is still there. Rush hour was a bear on Friday with the darn thing screeching everytime I went faster than 12 mph.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts