Audi Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I am new to the Audi world so i need some help, well i have a stock A4 1.8t quattro. What is a good way to start, i was thinking the apr chip, what else am i suppose to get changed when getting the chip, if some one could give me their opinion i would really appriciate it.

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
You should upgrade the DV as the stock Bosche valve is prone to failure and probably wouldnt last long with a chip power upgrade ...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
in other words the Blow off valves, should i look into anything else. which would make the use of the chip better. thanks for your help/

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
You could upgrade the exhaust system to a good sports brand eg. (Milltek/ Borla ) from cat-back for extra gains !!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your help on this, also would you know tha amount of power increase with these changes.

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
With all 3 mods as mentioned above you should expect to see anywhere between 200 - 230 bhp !! but the 1.8T can produce up to 400bhp with other mods (bigger turbo/ injectors/engine internals)etc but then your getting into serious $$$$ ...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you have been of great help i got a quote on the dv and APR chip its around $700 CAN. what do you think sounds about right. What kinda stuff do you have on your car?

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
Yes thats very resonable for both fitted !!

Ive currently only upgraded the DV to Forge Motorsport 007P and 18" alloys but plan on a re-map(ECU flash) sometime this year that should see me increase from 163bhp stock to about 210 bhp!!

Glad i could be of some help to you :)

·
Premium Member
1,528 Posts
Sounds good but what DV are they going to use plus you could do it your self bar the chip.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well honestly i can't remember the exact company, what do you mean i could chip it my self? how?

also i really like your 1.8t's front grill it looks awesome.

·
Premium Member
1,528 Posts
I was saying you could install the DV yourself but you will still need them to chip you.

The Grill is a stock RS4 item found every where.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts