My Audi dealer claims that I have to change my whole navigation unit as the US and EU ones are not compatible. I am going to try with a different dealer but if I would like to try to do it myself, how would I do it?So if you have a US based car the MMI will not work in Europe correctly, you should have made that clear.
You will have to reflash the cars MMI controller with 5170 or 5570
Does the same idea work with a5s, obviously with the correct cds, but the hidden menu etc? Or is the mmi for a5 different?No, a dealer will not do this for you, unles you know them very well.
US-2-EU MMI conversion:
First of all:
-remove the navigation DVD
-remove all CD's from the CD changer
Then you have to go to the 'hidden menu':
1. open the “hidden menu” on the MMI by pushing first SETUP, en then CAR, keeping them pushed for about 5 seconds.
If this doesn't work, you will need to enable this option by means of VAG COM:
Select 07 - Control Head
Select Adaptation - 10
Select Channel 08
Enter new value 1
Select Done, Go Back
Select Close the controller
Push SETUP & CAR button again, and you should get into the ‘hidden menu’
2. in the ‘hidden menu’ goto MMI>Settings en set “SWDL manuell” and “SWDL ignore Region/VMC' (see picture in previous post) ON
3. insert the EU 5150 file CD in the CD changer on location 1
4. choose in the “hidden menu” for “Start Bootloader”
5. Unit will start update
6. When the update finished: leave the 5150 CD in the changer, and press SETUP & RETURN at the same time and choose “UPDATE”
7. The system will update
8. When finished: remove the 5150 CD from the changer
9. Insert the latest EU DVD in the DVD player
10. Check whether the unit will read the DVD and shows TMC etc.
if so, you are done