Audi Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am new to this site and recently purchased a 2001 TT Roadster. It seems to have been very well-cared for. I do have one minor issue--one the many black plastic shields which cover up most everything under the hood is glaringly absent from the battery compartment (probably left with the previous owner's mechanic).

Is there a site where obscure cosmetic parts like that can be found at a reasonble price?

Appreciate any leads,

TT from Tennessee[attachmentid=966]

Attachments

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
welcome to the forum
i never heard of an after market cover
i think the only place is the dealer

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
whats the big deal about a cover? -shrug-

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
the battery cover...

get online and start eamailing the Audi brookers... they will have one for next to nothing...

also,,, see if its the same size as any other Audi... VW.. Seat.. as a lot of the parts are the same..

(if itsthe same as the A4 its just a rectangle cover.. )

Cheers

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanx for the tip--it realy doesnt bother me since its under the hood, but if I can find one cheap its worth it--BTW just put in a 1.0 bar Neuspeed chip this aftern. MAN that thing juiced up my ride. IT was @#$%^ to removeECU though--FYI for anyone who mails in their ECU to CA--the wipers wouldnt come loose even after removing the 13mm nuts, so I had very little clearance under that wiper sill but got it out and the new flashed one back today. :w00t: I am going to try it out on hwy 129--1/2 hr drive south also called the Tail of the Dragon. Its a great road for quattros. Last time I ran up on some crotch rockets--surprised'em. good pics on killboy.com

1 - 5 of 5 Posts