Audi Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all am new to the forum sorry if this has been asked before. I picked up a 2017 Q5 fy sline. It has electric seats fitted just wondering if it is possible to up grade them enable memory function for the driver?? I have found a site on line that supply’s the full kit has anyone used this kit or know how difficult it would be to install? Please see the link below.

thanks Steven

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all am new to the forum sorry if this has been asked before. I picked up a 2017 Q5 fy sline. It has electric seats fitted just wondering if it is possible to up grade them enable memory function for the driver?? I have found a site on line that supply’s the full kit has anyone used this kit or know how difficult it would be to install? Please see the link below.

thanks Steven
Hey, have you had any luck with this? I am in exactly the same position, just purchased a 2019 SQ5 with no memory function. We had a GLC previously and that had memory seats, makes switching between drivers so much easier. So I’ve looked at so many threads regarding this, and I can’t find anyone who’s used the Kufatec kit. I called Richter Sports as they were or are a recognised U.K. Kufatec installer, but they hadn’t done one, and were positive the kit would be incomplete. I’m currently waiting for them to come back to me as they’re doing some research (emailed Kufatec).

There is a company that offer this retrofit for £1500, they’re called SatNavSystems - I came across their video on YouTube showing a car they’ve added memory seats to. The big question is what else (if anything) is needed. Are the motors OK as I’ve seen on another thread, do you need new door controllers for the mirrors? As for fitting, you can view the first page of the installation instructions on the Kufatec site, it looks like a new wiring harness needs to be routed through from the door to under the seat, I’d imagine this to be the difficult and time consuming part of the retrofit.

Please let me know if you’ve found anything else since posting above.

Cheers

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, sorry no not really any further forward with this retro fit Just been reading on line to see if it’s possible. I need the control module and mounting bracket for under the drivers seat (seat will need to be removed to install unit) door trim housing and memory button (new trim houses the mem and door lock switches. (Door card needs to be removed to install) wiring/harness to make this all work not sure (Kufatec) sell a harness for this separately but where it plugs into I don’t no might be just plug and play. Once all this is installed the car will need to be coded so the memory function works. I have seen SatNav systems on YouTube as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts