Audi Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I've a new A4 Cab. with the full sat nav. This has a nifty feature of accepting two SD memory cards for MP3 music to be played through. However whenever I try to use a 4Gb memory card it crashes the system. the 1 Gb cards appear fine.

Anyone else had this issue. Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
not head anything about that.... what make is the SD card? as the cheaper ones tend to run at a slower speed which may be the issue where it cant read it quick enough.... maybe??

however it should not crash unless the device has a max threshold limit to SD cards??

Cheers

Rickt

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, I'm collecting my new S4 Avant over the next few days and have already pre-purchased 2 x 4GB SD cards... will let you know how I get on. What year is your A4 Cab?

·
Registered
3 Posts
1 Gb SD cards don't work

Hi everyone,
I've posted elsewhere on this as I have an unresolved problem using SD cards in my RS4.
I bought 3 1Gb cards so I could interchange music. Loaded first two with music and both worked fine.
Tried the third one and the system insisted that what was in the slot was the one I'd taken out and was in my hand!!
Tried re-recording the original one but the unit still holds the original set of songs.
Audi replaced the head unit for an unrelated problem but told me not to use cards any larger than 256Mb which are basically useless in terms of numbers of tracks - the manual makes no mention of the size limit though it does say there is a file limit of 512 files or folders.
Has anyone come accross this or maybe an update for the software (it is c learly a software issue as the cards work perfectly in any other device taking SD casrds.

Help!!

Is there an Audi Technical dept address to write directly to about this as it is ridiculous given the price of the car.

Cheers

Johnnymag (John)

·
Registered
2 Posts
any answers?

have you been able to figure out the sd mem capacity

i have tried 256MB and 1GB. they work fine
but does anyone know if it supports >4GB (new SDHC versions)

thanks,
-V

·
Registered
3 Posts
Beergander said:
I've stuck with my two 1Gb cards and have had no problems since.
Hi Guys,
Try the attached link - by far the best source of information and help I've found - they even have a moderator who actually helps with advice!!

PS I've stuck with 1Gb cards but if you follow the advice re files and track numbers I think you can use bigger ones. Go on and try!!

John

·
Registered
3 Posts
Johnnymag said:
Hi Guys,
Try the attached link - by far the best source of information and help I've found - they even have a moderator who actually helps with advice!!

PS I've stuck with 1Gb cards but if you follow the advice re files and track numbers I think you can use bigger ones. Go on and try!!

John
Sorry - missed off the link!!

NAVplus.us - Navigation forum | MMI | RNS-E

John

1 - 8 of 8 Posts