Audi Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2001 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro. Recently I have smelled burning oil and took it to a mechanic to look through. He told me it was my "Timing Chain Tensioner Gasket" or "Cam Chain Tensioner Gasket" and then told me the cost to fix would be over $1500. But, then he asked if I wanted to change my timing BELT. I was under the impression you either have a chain or a belt, not both. Please help and let me know about this gasket and the correct estimate to fix. And does this vechile have a belt or chain??

Also I need to change my O2 sensor. I believe it is the front drivers side one (slot 2?). Where is there an online tutorial that shows how to change and which check engine code refers to which sensor? And where to buy?

And I need to change my CV axle boots. Tutorial? Where to buy?

Sorry for so many question, but I am new to the A4 and was told that this forum was the place to get questions answered.

Thanks for any help you may give,
-Ben

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
well i have a 98 a4 2.8l and i had me belt and waterpump replaced, didnt cost me more than $900 so that mechanic is tlkin out of his ass!!! and the best way to get ur codes figured out is to use vag-com wich u can purchase for like $300. its such a great tool!!!

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts